The Towson Tigers (16-12, 9-6 CAA) wrap up their home schedule at SECU Arena against the Elon Phoenix (11-18, 7-9 CAA). The game is scheduled to start at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Elon Phoenix vs. Towson Tigers Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Tigers fell to the William & Mary Tribe, 61-51, while the Phoenix beat the James Madison Dukes, 70-62.
Elon launched 25 three pointers, making 11 of them (44.0 percent), while James Madison was 6-24 (25.0 percent). Towson, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (29.5 vs. 21.6). Towson was led by Brian Fobbs, who had 15 points and seven rebounds. Hunter McIntosh played well for Elon, recording 27 points and five assists.
In their first matchup this season, Fobbs led the Tigers to a 72-61 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 20 points. Towson was effective at getting and making free throws. The Tigers made 25 of their 29 free throws (86.2 percent), while the Phoenix were 14-19 (73.7 percent).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the country’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Towson currently ranks 306th in possessions per game (66.5) and Elon is 273rd (67.3).
Elon Phoenix at Towson Tigers ATS Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Towson, ATS Winner – Towson, O/U – Under
- Elon ranks 21st in three pointers attempted per game (27.4) while Towson ranks 232nd (19.2).
- The Tigers rank 15th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while the Phoenix rank 102nd (6.2).
- The Tigers rank 88th in rebounds per game (37.3) while the Phoenix rank 245th (33.1).
- Elon ranks 126th in assists per game (13.4) while Towson ranks 247th (11.0).
- The Tigers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.4, up from 4.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Phoenix have scored an average of 70.8 points per game (2.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 66.8 points per game (4.8 below their season average).