The Edmonton Oilers, led by Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl, are ready to take the ice against Nathan MacKinnon, Mikko Rantanen, and the Colorado Avalanche at the Pepsi Center in a Western Conference matchup. Sportsnet West will showcase the matchup, which gets going at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, April 2.
Edmonton Oilers at Colorado Avalanche Odds
Moneyline and Over/Under (O/U) odds have not yet been posted for this matchup.
Colorado is 36-43 straight-up (SU) and has recorded -13.7 units for moneyline bettors thus far. That early-season winning percentage is a regression from the 43-39 record that the team posted during last year’s regular season campaign. Out of the team’s 79 regular season contests, 39 of them have gone under the total, while 38 have gone over and just one has pushed. The team is 19-20 SU at home this season.
The Avalanche have converted on 22.4 percent of their power play chances this year, a mark that places them in the top-10 among NHL teams. On the other hand, their penalty kill is ranked 26th overall, and they’ve successfully killed off 78.3 percent of all penalties.
With a .910 save percentage and 27.8 saves per game, Semyon Varlamov (19-28-9) has been the most dependable option in goal for the Avs this year. If the Avs choose to give him the evening off, however, Colorado might go with Philipp Grubauer (17-19-19 record, .916 save percentage, 2.66 goals against average).
Edmonton has lost 14.7 units for bettors taking the moneyline this year and is currently 34-45 straight up (SU). Through 79 regular season contests, 37 of its games have gone under the total, while 36 have gone over and just five have pushed. As a road team, the Oilers are 16-23 SU.
The Oilers have converted on 21.2 percent of their power play opportunities this year, a figure that’s right around league average. On the other hand, its penalty kill unit is ranked 30th overall and it’s successfully killed off 74.4 percent of all penalties.
Mikko Koskinen (25.5 saves per game) has been the primary choice in goal for Edmonton. Koskinen owns a 24-29-6 record, while registering a .907 save percentage and 2.90 goals against average this year.
Edmonton Oilers at Colorado Avalanche Betting Picks
Free NHL Tip: SU Winner – Avalanche, O/U – Under
- The vast majority (77.8 percent) of Colorado’s wins have been by two or more goals, and the team is 28-21 overall in games decided by at least two scores. 15 of Edmonton’s 34 wins (44.1 percent) have been decided by two or more goals.
- The Avalanche are 14-19 when they serve fewer penalty minutes than their opponent and 21-26 in games where they’re in the penalty box for fewer than 10 minutes, total.
- Two of Colorado’s last ten games have been decided by a shootout. The team is 1-1 in those games and 2-2 overall in shootouts this season.
- Edmonton might have an advantage if this one comes down to the wire. The team’s 19-14 in games decided by one goal, while Colorado is only 8-22 in such games.
- The under has hit in four of Colorado’s last five games.
- Edmonton has averaged 7.0 giveaways over its last five home games, an improvement from its season average of 11.8 giveaways per game (ranked 24th overall).
- Colorado has averaged 7.8 giveaways over its last five home games, its season average of 7.1 giveaways per game (ranked 2nd).
- Edmonton skaters have given out the fourth-most hits in the league (27.1 per game).