Leon Draisaitl, Connor McDavid, and the Edmonton Oilers are set to do battle against Jakob Silfverberg, Ryan Getzlaf, and the Anaheim Ducks at the Honda Center in a divisional tilt. The action will get started at 9 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 10 and it can be caught live on Sportsnet ONE.
Edmonton Oilers at Anaheim Ducks Odds
Anaheim (-120) is currently favored over Edmonton (+100), and the oddsmakers have set the Over/Under (O/U) at 6 goals. The odds for betting that total sit at -120 for the under and +100 for the over.
Edmonton is 11-7 straight up (SU) and has earned moneyline bettors 4.8 units this year. 11 of its games have gone under the total, while seven have gone over and none have pushed. The Oilers are 5-4 SU on the road in 2019-20.
Edmonton currently touts the third-best power-play unit in the NHL, as it’s converted on 27.5 percent of its extra-man advantages this year. Additionally, its penalty kill is ranked 11th overall, and it’s successfully killed off 84.5 percent of its penalties..
Averaging 26.4 saves per game with a .926 save percentage, Mike Smith (5-5-1) has been the top option in goal for Edmonton this season. If it decides to give him a rest, however, head coach Dave Tippett may roll with Mikko Koskinen (6-3-1), who has a .927 save percentage and 2.18 goals against average this year.
On the other side of the rink, Anaheim is 9-8 straight up (SU) and has earned 0.4 units for moneyline bettors this year. Through 17 regular season outings, nine of its games have gone under the total, while eight have gone over and none have pushed. So far this year, the team is 6-3 SU as the home team.
The Ducks have converted on just 9.5 percent of their power play chances this year, a figure that’s ranked 31st in the NHL. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 14th overall, and it’s successfully killed off 82.3 percent of all opponent power plays.
John Gibson has stopped 29.5 shots per game as the primary selection in the crease for the Ducks. Gibson has six wins and seven losses to his credit and has maintained a .923 save percentage and 2.55 goals against average this year.
Edmonton Oilers vs. Anaheim Ducks Free Picks
Free NHL Tip: SU Winner – Ducks, O/U – Over
- Over Edmonton’s last ten games, six of them have been decided by two or more goals (the team is 2-4 in those games).
- The Ducks are 7-3 SU when they serve more penalty minutes than their opponent while the Oilers are 5-3 SU in games where they spend more time in the box than the opposition.
- For both of these clubs, the game went over the total in three of their last five matchups.
- Edmonton is ranked 25th this season with 11.9 giveaways per game. That figure has trended lower lately, however, as it’s averaged 9.1 giveaways over its last 10 games and 10.0 giveaways over its last five.
- Anaheim is ranked 19th this season with 11.2 giveaways per game. That figure has regressed, as the team’s averaged 12.9 giveaways over its last 10 games and 15.4 giveaways over its last five.