The Edmonton Oilers, spearheaded by Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl, are ready to take the ice against Mark Stone, Jonathan Marchessault, and the Vegas Golden Knights at T-Mobile Arena in a Pacific Division showdown. This one will get started at 10 p.m. ET on Monday, April 1 and it can be viewed live on Sportsnet ONE.
Edmonton Oilers vs. Vegas Golden Knights Odds
Moneyline odds have not yet been posted for this matchup.
Vegas is 42-37 straight up (SU) and has recorded -11.2 units for moneyline bettors thus far. That winning percentage, ranked third in the Pacific Division so far in this young season, is a slide from what the team managed during last year’s regular season (51-31). 39 of the team’s 79 contests have gone under the total, while 36 have gone over and just four have pushed. The team is 23-16 SU at home this year.
The Golden Knights have converted on 17.6 percent of their power play opportunities this season, a mark that’s right around league average. On the other hand, their penalty kill is rated 16th overall, and they’ve successfully killed off 80.7 percent of all penalties.
Sporting a .914 save percentage and 25.9 saves per game, Marc-Andre Fleury (35-24-5) has been the most dependable option in goal for Vegas this season. If the Knights choose to give him a breather, however, head coach Gerard Gallant might roll with Malcolm Subban (7-13-13 record, .901 save percentage, 3.03 goals against average).
Edmonton has lost 14.7 units for bettors taking the moneyline this year and is currently 34-44 straight up (SU). A total of 37 of its outings have gone under the total, while 36 have gone over and just five have pushed. As an away team, the Oilers are 16-22 SU.
The Oilers have scored on 21.4 percent of their power play chances this season, a mark that’s good enough for ninth-best in the NHL. On the other hand, its penalty kill unit is ranked 30th overall and it’s successfully killed off 74.2 percent of all opponent power plays.
Mikko Koskinen (2.92 goals against average and .906 save percentage) has been the primary option in goal for Edmonton. Koskinen is averaging 25.5 saves per game and has 24 wins, 28 losses, and six OT losses to his credit.
Edmonton Oilers vs. Vegas Golden Knights Betting Predictions
NHL Prediction: SU Winner – Golden Knights, O/U – Under
- The Oilers are 3-3 in games decided by a shootout this season while the Golden Knights are 3-2 in shootouts.
- The under has hit in three of Vegas’ last five outings.
- Edmonton has managed 22.4 shot attempts per game over its last five road games while Vegas is averaging 35.4 shots per game over its last five at home.
- Over Edmonton’s last ten games, six of them have been decided by two or more goals (the team is 2-4 in those games).
- This game features two of the tougher defenses in the league. Edmonton skaters have given out the league’s third-most hits per game (27.1) and the Golden Knights have recorded the second-most (27.9).