The Portland State Vikings (6-11, 1-5 BigSky) welcome the Eastern Washington Eagles (5-12, 3-3 BigSky) to Peter W Stott Center. The Eagles can put an end to a nine-game road losing streak. Action begins at 10:05 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 24, 2019.
Eastern Washington Eagles vs. Portland State Vikings ATS Odds
In their last game, the Vikings lost to the Northern Arizona Lumberjacks, 82-75, while the Eagles were victorious over the Montana State Bobcats, 85-81.
Eastern Washington’s 0.684 effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over Montana State, who had a rate of 0.532. The Eagles’ mark was above their season average of 0.465. Portland State, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (42.9 vs. 25.0). Portland State received a boost from Deante Strickland, who recorded 19 points. Jacob Davison played well for Eastern Washington, contributing 23 points.
The Eagles captured this series last year, winning two out of three games. In the most recent matchup, Eastern Washington won 78-72. Eastern Washington had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.620 vs. 0.422). Portland State, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (36.8 vs. 25.0). This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Expect this one to be a clinic on boxing out as two of the country’s top rebounding teams square off. The Vikings rank first in offensive rebounding percentage (41.4 percent), while Eastern Washington ranks 53rd in defensive rebounding percentage (75.0 percent). Moreover, the Eagles rank 46th in turnover percentage (16.8 percent), while the Vikings rank 30th in opponents’ turnover percentage (23.1 percent).
Eastern Washington Eagles vs. Portland State Vikings ATS Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Portland State, ATS Winner – Portland State, O/U – Over
- Portland State ranks seventh in rebounds per game (42.7) while Eastern Washington ranks 234th in rebounds allowed per game (37.8).
- The Vikings rank 133rd in assists per game (13.6) while the Eagles rank 162nd in assists allowed per game (13.8).
- Portland State ranks 85th in blocks per game (3.6) while Eastern Washington ranks 87th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- The Vikings rank fifth in steals per game (9.8) while the Eagles rank 135th (6.0).
- Portland State ranks 41st in three pointers allowed per game (19.5) while Eastern Washington ranks 152nd (22.8).
- The Eagles have outscored opponents by an average of 1.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Eastern Washington has lost by an average of 8.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Vikings have scored an average of 79.4 points per game (0.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 86.4 points per game (9.5 above their season average).