It will be a showdown between two phenomenal offenses when the Portland State Vikings (12-13, 6-7 BigSky) challenge the Eastern Washington Eagles (16-8, 9-4 BigSky) at The Viking Pavilion. Action starts at 10:05 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Eastern Washington Eagles vs. Portland State Vikings Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Vikings were victorious over the Northern Colorado Bears, 83-71, while the Eagles lost a close one to the Idaho Vandals, 74-71.
Portland State played a flawless game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.321 (above their season average of 0.212) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.580 (above their season average of 0.483). For those same stats, Northern Colorado put up marks of 0.127 and 0.500, respectively. Eastern Washington, meanwhile, did a great job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (21-27; 77.8 percent). Portland State’s Alonzo Walker led the way, putting up 22 points. Mason Peatling, meanwhile was a key piece for Eastern Washington with 21 points and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Kim Aiken Jr. led the Eagles to a 71-69 win. He recorded a double-double with 15 points and 15 rebounds. Eastern Washington’s effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Portland State. The Eagles had a rate of 0.533 while the Vikings posted a mark of 0.436.
Portland State figures to have an edge on the offensive glass in this battle. The Vikings rank fifth in offensive rebounding percentage (37.7 percent), while Eastern Washington ranks 155th in defensive rebounding percentage (72.7 percent). Furthermore, the elite offense of the Eagles ranks 43rd in effective field goal percentage (0.533), while the Vikings are 48th-worst in the country at effective field goal percentage allowed (0.521).
Eastern Washington vs. Portland State Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Portland State, ATS Winner – Portland State, O/U – Under
- Eastern Washington ranks fourth in assists per game (17.5) while Portland State ranks 244th in assists allowed per game (16.0).
- The Vikings rank 30th in steals per game (8.2) while the Eagles rank 180th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- Eastern Washington averages 4.0 blocks per game, which ranks 58th in the country. Portland State ranks 130th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- The Eagles rank 30th in three pointers attempted per game (26.9) while the Vikings rank 239th (18.7).
- Portland State averages 37.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 70th in the nation. Eastern Washington ranks 261st in rebounds allowed per game (38.4).
- The Vikings have been outscored by an average of 4.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Portland State has defeated opponents by an average of 1.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 72.6 points per game (8.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.0 points per game (6.8 below their season average).