The Eastern Washington Eagles (9-6, 2-2 BigSky) will be at Cowan Spectrum at the Kibbie Dome to go head-to-head with the Idaho Vandals (5-10, 1-3 BigSky) in a BigSky matchup. Action gets underway at 10:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 16, 2020.
Eastern Washington Eagles at Idaho Vandals Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last game. The Vandals lost a close one to the Montana State Bobcats, 71-68, while the Eagles were blown out by the Montana Grizzlies, 90-63.
Eastern Washington had a better turnover percentage (17.1 vs. 15.8) while Idaho held Montana State to an effective field goal percentage of 0.463 (below their season average of 0.515). Idaho received a boost from Marquell Fraser, who recorded 22 points and six rebounds. Mason Peatling, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Eastern Washington with 12 points and nine rebounds.
This series was highly competitive last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Eagles won the most recent contest 82-57. Eastern Washington’s rebounding was their biggest strength. The Eagles had more offensive rebounds (12 vs. 6), defensive rebounds (27 vs. 19) and total rebounds (39 vs. 25). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Eastern Washington could put on a ball-control clinic in this matchup. Eastern Washington ranks 57th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.3 percent), while Idaho forces the 41st-fewest turnovers (17.4 percent).
Eastern Washington Eagles at Idaho Vandals ATS Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Idaho, ATS Winner – Idaho, O/U – Under
- Eastern Washington ranks 28th in three pointers attempted per game (27.3) while Idaho ranks 279th (15.9).
- The Eagles rank 43rd in steals per game (8.2) while the Vandals rank 173rd (5.7).
- The Eagles rank 46th in rebounds per game (39.3) while the Vandals rank 196th (34.3).
- Eastern Washington ranks seventh in assists per game (17.7) while Idaho ranks 150th (12.8).
- The Eagles have been outscored by an average of 12.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Eastern Washington has defeated opponents by an average of 8.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Vandals have scored an average of 65.0 points per game (2.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.6 points per game (matching their season average).