The fifth-ranked Kansas Jayhawks (10-1) welcome the Eastern Michigan Eagles (6-6) to Allen Fieldhouse. The Jayhawks look to prolong their 10-game winning streak. The game gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 29, 2018.
Eastern Michigan Eagles at Kansas Jayhawks ATS Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Jayhawks defeated the 10th-ranked Michigan State Spartans 92-87, while the Eagles beat the Rochester (MI) Warriors 77-67.
Eastern Michigan played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.9 and a free throw rate of 0.190. Rochester (MI) was 19.5 and 0.092, respectively, for those same stats. The Jayhawks, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (11.6 vs. 19.5) and had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (28.3 vs. 19.4). Kansas rallied around Dedric Lawson, who finished with 20 points, 14 rebounds and six assists. Boubacar Toure was a key piece for Eastern Michigan with 15 points and 15 rebounds.
Conflicting styles will be on display in this battle. Kansas has preferred to play fast (87th in possessions per game), while Eastern Michigan has been slower-paced (297th in possessions per game).
Eastern Michigan Eagles vs. Kansas Jayhawks Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Kansas, ATS Winner – Kansas, O/U – Over
- Kansas ranks 79th in assists per game (14.7) while Eastern Michigan ranks 193rd in assists allowed per game (17.4).
- The Jayhawks rank 29th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Eagles rank 121st (7.5).
- Eastern Michigan averages 20.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 200th in the country. Kansas ranks 220th in three pointers allowed per game (26.5).
- The Eagles rank seventh in blocks per game (4.8) while the Jayhawks rank 105th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- Kansas ranks 50th in rebounds per game (39.3) while Eastern Michigan ranks 145th (38.2).
- During their last five games, the Jayhawks have scored an average of 85.8 points per game (4.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.0 points per game (5.5 above their season average).
- The Eagles’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.4, up from 1.7 for the season.