It will be a meeting between two stifling defenses when the Ball State Cardinals (14-12, 7-6 MAC) go head-to-head with the Eastern Michigan Eagles (15-11, 5-8 MAC) at John E. Worthen Arena. The game is scheduled to start at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ball State Cardinals ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Cardinals fell to the Buffalo Bulls, 72-59, while the Eagles won big over the Kent State Golden Flashes, 70-49.
The Eagles had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.435 (above their season average of 0.269) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.543 (above their season average of 0.481). Ball State, meanwhile, held Buffalo to an effective field goal percentage of 0.384 (below their season average of 0.499). Ball State was lifted by Jarron Coleman, who recorded 15 points and five rebounds. Ty Groce, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Eastern Michigan with 15 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Tahjai Teague led the Cardinals to a 69-52 win. He recorded a double-double with 23 points and 17 rebounds. The Cardinals’ turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Eagles. Ball State had a rate of 12.7, while Eastern Michigan posted a mark of 18.7.
Baskets could be hard to come by as a pair of the country’s top defenses battle. Ball State ranks 15th in defensive efficiency (91.0) and Eastern Michigan is 21st (91.7).
Eastern Michigan Eagles at Ball State Cardinals Free Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Eastern Michigan, ATS Winner – Eastern Michigan, O/U – Under
- Ball State averages 27.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 25th in the country. Eastern Michigan ranks 267th in three pointers allowed per game (25.5).
- The Cardinals rank 115th in rebounds per game (36.3) while the Eagles rank 167th in rebounds allowed per game (35.4).
- Eastern Michigan ranks 28th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Ball State ranks 42nd (2.7).
- The Cardinals rank 11th in assists allowed per game (9.8) while the Eagles rank 184th (13.5).
- Eastern Michigan ranks second in steals per game (10.3) while Ball State ranks 95th (6.8).
- During their last five games, the Cardinals have scored an average of 63.8 points per game (5.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.0 points per game (3.3 above their season average).
- The Eagles’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.0, up from 3.2 for the season.