A five-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Morehead State Eagles (12-13, 6-6 OVC) when they meet the Eastern Kentucky Colonels (12-13, 9-3 OVC) at Ellis T Johnson Arena. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
Eastern Kentucky Colonels vs. Morehead State Eagles Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last game. The Eagles fell to the Eastern Illinois Panthers, 71-65, while the Colonels were defeated by the SIUE Cougars, 83-75.
Eastern Kentucky forced SIUE into a turnover percentage of 27.3 (above their season average of 17.2) while Morehead State had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.8 (above their season average of 28.9). Morehead State’s Tyzhaun Claude led the way, recording 14 points. Meanwhile, Eastern Kentucky received a boost from Michael Moreno, who put up 18 points and 11 rebounds.
The Eagles dominated this series last year, emerging victorious in both games. In the most recent game, Morehead State won 78-77. The Eagles’ 33.3 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Colonels, who had a mark of 22.2. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
This game should be a matchup of opposite tempos. Eastern Kentucky has preferred a fast-breaking style of play (seventh in possessions per game), while Morehead State has been more methodical (191st in possessions per game).
Eastern Kentucky at Morehead State ATS Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Morehead State, ATS Winner – Morehead State, O/U – Over
- Morehead State averages 37.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 70th in the NCAA. Eastern Kentucky ranks 286th in rebounds allowed per game (40.8).
- The Eagles rank 86th in assists allowed per game (11.6) while the Colonels rank 241st (15.4).
- Eastern Kentucky ranks sixth in steals per game (9.7) while Morehead State ranks 134th (6.3).
- The Colonels rank 31st in three pointers attempted per game (26.8) while the Eagles rank 227th (19.3).
- Morehead State ranks 36th in blocks per game (4.5) while Eastern Kentucky ranks 201st (2.2).
- During their last five games, the Colonels have scored an average of 83.0 points per game (7.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.8 points per game (0.0 below their season average).
- The Eagles’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.2, down from 1.3 for the season.