The Eastern Washington Eagles (2-3) and the Eastern Kentucky Colonels (2-2) go head-to-head in the MGM Resorts Main Event Middleweight at T-Mobile Arena. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 149 points with Eastern Washington set as a 1-point favorite. Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017.
Eastern Kentucky Colonels vs. Eastern Washington Eagles Betting Preview
The Colonels lost to the Prairie View A&M Panthers in their last matchup, 80-70. Eastern Kentuckys Nick Mayo had a good performance, leading both teams in scoring with 25 points on 7-for-9 shooting. Prairie View A&M had a turnover percentage of 12.0 (better than their season average of 20.5). Eastern Kentucky, meanwhile, did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (30-36; 83.3 percent).
In the Eagles last game, they were defeated by the Georgia State Panthers, 68-50. Jacob Davison led Eastern Washington in scoring with 20 points on 5-for-8 shooting. Georgia State forced the Eagles into a turnover percentage of 29.1 (above their season average of 11.9). Eastern Washington, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.5 (above their season average of 23.3).
The high-octane offense of Eastern Washington will clash against the porous defense of Eastern Kentucky. Since the 2016-17 season, the Eagles rank 60th in offensive efficiency, while the Colonels are 258th in defensive efficiency. The Eagles should have the advantage on that end of the court.
The Colonels are 14-21 straight up (SU) and 15-15 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Games involving Eastern Kentucky have had a tendency to go under the projected point total since last season (60.0 percent).
On the other hand, the Eagles, have records of 24-14 SU and 17-15-1 ATS since last season. Vegas has been fairly accurate when setting the O/U total of Eastern Washington games over that same time frame with 17 unders compared to 16 overs.
Eastern Kentucky Colonels vs. Eastern Washington Eagles Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Eastern Kentucky, ATS Winner – Eastern Kentucky, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Eagles rank 35th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Colonels rank 107th (3.1).
- Eastern Kentucky ranks 89th in three pointers attempted per game (22.9) while Eastern Washington ranks 152nd in three pointers allowed per game (21.0).
- Eastern Washington ranks 125th in rebounds allowed per game (34.5) while Eastern Kentucky ranks 233rd (36.8).
- The Eagles rank 157th in steals allowed per game (6.2) while the Colonels rank 262nd (7.4).
- Eastern Kentucky ranks 150th in assists per game (13.7) while Eastern Washington ranks 243rd (12.2).