An eight-game home winning streak is on the line for the Duquesne Dukes (8-3) when they clash with the Eastern Kentucky Colonels (6-5) at A.J. Palumbo Center. The game begins at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 22, 2018.
Eastern Kentucky Colonels vs. Duquesne Dukes ATS Odds
In their last game, the Dukes defeated the William & Mary Tribe, 84-70, while the Colonels lost big to the Marshall Thundering Herd, 105-77.
The Dukes had a much better turnover percentage (11.9 vs. 19.8) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.623 vs. 0.526). Eastern Kentucky, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (38.3 vs. 38.1). Duquesne was led by Austin Rotroff, who recorded 17 points and seven rebounds. Nick Mayo played a pivotal role for Eastern Kentucky with 26 points and 15 rebounds.
Mayo has taken his game to another level recently for Eastern Kentucky, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
This has potential to be a mistake-prone game for the Duquesne offense. Duquesne ranks 304th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 21.7 percent), while the pesky defense of Eastern Kentucky forces the 34th-most turnovers in the NCAA (23.2 percent).
Eastern Kentucky Colonels at Duquesne Dukes Free Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Duquesne, ATS Winner – Eastern Kentucky, O/U – Under
- Duquesne ranks 67th in assists per game (15.2) while Eastern Kentucky ranks 181st in assists allowed per game (15.0).
- The Dukes rank 52nd in blocks per game (4.2) while the Colonels rank 94th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Both of these teams like to shoot the three. Eastern Kentucky is 16th in the NCAA with 28.6 three pointers per game while Duquesne is 56th with 26.0 threes per game.
- The Dukes average 35.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 137th in the nation. The Colonels rank 244th in rebounds allowed per game (42.2).
- Eastern Kentucky averages 10.2 steals per game, which ranks fourth in the NCAA. Duquesne ranks 76th in steals allowed per game (6.1).
- During their last five games, the Colonels have scored an average of 83.6 points per game (3.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 84.0 points per game (1.2 above their season average).
- The Dukes’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.2, down from 5.0 for the season.