It will be a contest between two outstanding offenses when the Austin Peay Governors (17-9, 11-2 OVC) square off with the Eastern Kentucky Colonels (13-13, 10-3 OVC) at Winfield Dunn Center. The game begins at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Eastern Kentucky Colonels at Austin Peay Governors Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Governors barely escaped the Murray State Racers 71-68, while the Colonels were victorious over the Morehead State Eagles 78-71.
Eastern Kentucky’s effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over Morehead State. The Colonels had a rate of 0.612 (above their season average of 0.474), while the Eagles posted a mark of 0.440 (below the 0.518 mark opponents have averaged against Eastern Kentucky this season). Austin Peay, on the other hand, dominated nearly every stat category in their game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.3 (better than their season average of 15.9) and a free throw rate of 0.333 (above their season average of 0.269). Murray State had marks of 18.5 and 0.204, respectively, for those same stats. Terry Taylor played a pivotal role for Austin Peay with 16 points and 14 rebounds. Meanwhile, Eastern Kentucky received a boost from Jomaru Brown, who had 19 points, nine assists and five rebounds.
This was a highly contested series last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the last game, the Colonels won 82-80. Eastern Kentucky had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.627 vs. 0.458). Austin Peay, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (10.1 vs. 20.3). This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
The offensive glass could be a huge edge for Austin Peay in this contest. The Governors are among the NCAA’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 48th in offensive rebounding percentage at 32.9 percent. Meanwhile, Eastern Kentucky ranks 334th in the NCAA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 67.3 percent.
Eastern Kentucky Colonels at Austin Peay Governors Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Austin Peay, ATS Winner – Eastern Kentucky, O/U – Under
- Austin Peay ranks 60th in rebounds allowed per game (32.7) while Eastern Kentucky ranks 287th (40.7).
- The Colonels rank ninth in steals per game (9.5) while the Governors rank 82nd (7.0).
- Austin Peay ranks 35th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Eastern Kentucky ranks 90th (3.2).
- The Colonels rank 33rd in three pointers attempted per game (26.5) while the Governors rank 211th (20.0).
- Austin Peay ranks 129th in assists per game (13.3) while Eastern Kentucky ranks 231st in assists allowed per game (15.2).
- During their last five games, the Colonels have scored an average of 82.6 points per game (6.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.2 points per game (0.4 below their season average).
- The Governors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.2, down from 5.5 for the season.