The Morehead State Eagles (7-21, 3-14 OVC) and Eastern Kentucky Colonels (11-19, 5-12 OVC) will clash at Ellis T Johnson Arena to finish out the regular season. Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
Eastern Kentucky Colonels at Morehead State Eagles ATS Preview
In the Colonels last matchup, they barely escaped the Southeast Missouri State Redhawks, 91-88. Nick Mayo was Eastern Kentucky’s high scorer with 25 points on 8-for-16 shooting. Eastern Kentucky dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a superb turnover percentage of 9.9 (better than their season average of 16.5) and a free throw rate of 0.333 (above their season average of 0.241). For those same stats, Southeast Missouri State had marks of 19.0 and 0.175, respectively.
The Eagles will look to keep it rolling after defeating the UT Martin Skyhawks in their last game, 70-53. Londell King played well for Morehead State, putting up 14 points and 11 rebounds. The Eagles made 21 of their 26 free throws (80.8 percent) and had a turnover percentage of 14.6 (better than their season average of 19.7).
Morehead State figures to have an advantage on the offensive glass in this meeting. The Eagles are among the nations elite on the offensive glass, ranking 75th in offensive rebounding percentage at 32.4 percent. Meanwhile, Eastern Kentucky ranks 276th in the nation at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 69.2 percent.
Mayo has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Eastern Kentucky, averaging 24.2 points, 5.6 rebounds and 1.8 blocks per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Colonels won 75-73. The Colonels 29.0 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over the Eagles, who had a rate of 20.7. Jordan Walker was a top performer in the game with 16 points.
Eastern Kentucky Colonels vs. Morehead State Eagles ATS Prediction
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Morehead State, ATS Winner – Morehead State, O/U – Over
- Morehead State ranks 128th in rebounds per game (35.9) while Eastern Kentucky ranks 254th (33.0).
- The Colonels rank 168th in assists per game (13.1) while the Eagles rank 253rd in assists allowed per game (16.1).
- Eastern Kentucky averages 6.3 steals per game, which ranks 129th in the nation. Morehead State ranks 158th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- The Eagles average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.6, up from 5.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Colonels have scored an average of 76.0 points per game (3.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.8 points per game (1.9 below their season average).