The Rice Owls and Eastern Kentucky Colonels will square off at Tudor Fieldhouse to get their seasons started. Eastern Kentucky is a 3-point favorite on the opening line, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 154.5 points. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017.
Eastern Kentucky Colonels vs. Rice Owls ATS Preview
Neither team made the tournament last season. Rice went 22-11 in the regular season while Eastern Kentucky finished 12-19.
The physical Rice offense could be getting to the free throw line a lot in this meeting. The Owls ranked 20th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.310, while Eastern Kentucky ranked 326th in FTA rate allowed (0.303) last season. Moreover, the Colonels, who ranked 283rd in offensive rebounding percentage (26.2 percent), might have a tough time getting put-back points against the Owls, who ranked 50th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.1 percent).
The Colonels were 12-19 straight up (SU) and 14-13 against the spread (ATS) last season. Of Eastern Kentucky’s 27 games with betting action last season, 17 finished under the O/U total.
On the other side, the Owls owned records of 22-11 SU and 13-14 ATS last season. Vegas had a tendency to place the total slightly low when Rice is involved last year, as 63.0 percent of their games finished over the O/U total.
Eastern Kentucky Colonels vs. Rice Owls Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Eastern Kentucky, ATS Winner – Rice, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Owls rank 61st in three pointers attempted per game (24.0) while the Colonels rank 137th in three pointers allowed per game (20.6).
- Rice ranks 42nd in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Eastern Kentucky ranks 103rd (3.2).
- Rice ranks 56th in rebounds per game (38.1) while Eastern Kentucky ranks 277th (32.9).
- The Owls rank 138th in steals per game (6.3) while the Colonels rank 237th in steals allowed per game (7.4).
- Rice averages 13.8 assists per game, which ranks 138th in the nation. Eastern Kentucky ranks 224th in assists allowed per game (14.1).