The Eastern Illinois Panthers (6-4) will travel to Western Hall to go head-to-head with the Western Illinois Leathernecks (2-6). Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, December 16, 2019.
Eastern Illinois Panthers at Western Illinois Leathernecks ATS Odds
In their last game, the Leathernecks lost to the Evansville Aces, 90-86, while the Panthers were victorious over the Milwaukee Panthers, 75-68.
Eastern Illinois had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.553 vs. 0.370) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.6 (above their season average of 34.6). Western Illinois, on the other hand, held Evansville to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.5 (below their season average of 20.8). Ben Pyle was a key piece for Western Illinois with 18 points and nine rebounds. Eastern Illinois, meanwhile, rallied around George Dixon, who had 14 points and 12 rebounds.
The Panthers dominated this series last year, emerging victorious in both games. In the most recent game, Eastern Illinois won 74-67. Eastern Illinois’ 0.159 free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Western Illinois, who had a mark of 0.102.
Ball security could play an integral role in this battle. Since the 2018-19 season, Western Illinois has committed the 13th-fewest miscues in the NCAA (turnover percentage of 15.9 percent), while the gambling defense of Eastern Illinois has forced the 34th-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 20.0 percent).
Eastern Illinois Panthers at Western Illinois Leathernecks Free Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Eastern Illinois, ATS Winner – Eastern Illinois, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Eastern Illinois ranks 32nd in assists per game (14.1) while Western Illinois ranks 224th (10.5).
- The Leathernecks average 3.9 blocks per game, which ranks 68th in the NCAA. The Panthers rank 117th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Western Illinois ranks 187th in three pointers attempted per game (20.6) while Eastern Illinois ranks 229th (22.0).
- The Panthers rank 40th in rebounds per game (36.7) while the Leathernecks rank 202nd in rebounds allowed per game (37.3).
- Eastern Illinois ranks 43rd in steals per game (6.7) while Western Illinois ranks 164th (5.4).