The SIUE Cougars (8-22, 5-12 OVC) welcome the Eastern Illinois Panthers (15-14, 8-9 OVC) to Sam M. Vadalabene Center as the regular season comes to an end. The game is scheduled to start at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Eastern Illinois Panthers at SIUE Cougars Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Cougars defeated the UT Martin Skyhawks 90-75, while the Panthers edged the Southeast Missouri State Redhawks 72-70.
The Panthers had a great turnover percentage of 8.8 (better than their season average of 15.6) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.470 vs. 0.444). Meanwhile, SIUE’s 0.558 effective field goal percentage was their biggest advantage over UT Martin, who had a rate of 0.399. The Cougars’ mark was above their season average of 0.474, while the Skyhawks’ was below their season average of 0.520. SIUE’s Brandon Jackson had a solid performance, recording 21 points and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Eastern Illinois received a boost from Josiah Wallace, who finished with 29 points.
In their first matchup this season, Mike Adewunmi led the Cougars to a 76-74 victory. He notched a double-double with 25 points and 11 rebounds. SIUE had a better offensive rebounding percentage (30.6 vs. 28.6). Eastern Illinois, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (13-18; 72.2 percent).
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of SIUE. SIUE ranks 240th in the country in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.9 percent), while the pesky defense of Eastern Illinois forces the 64th-most turnovers in the country (21.4 percent).
Eastern Illinois vs. SIUE Odds Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Eastern Illinois, ATS Winner – Eastern Illinois, O/U – Under
- Eastern Illinois ranks 91st in assists per game (13.8) while SIUE ranks 248th in assists allowed per game (14.9).
- The Panthers average 7.6 steals per game, which ranks 56th in the nation. The Cougars rank 90th in steals allowed per game (6.1).
- Eastern Illinois ranks 230th in three pointers attempted per game (19.4) while SIUE ranks 263rd (18.2).
- The Panthers rank 37th in blocks per game (4.4) while the Cougars rank 133rd (3.0).
- Eastern Illinois ranks 92nd in rebounds per game (36.9) while SIUE ranks 187th in rebounds allowed per game (36.0).
- The Panthers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.0, down from 5.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cougars have scored an average of 71.0 points per game (3.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.2 points per game (0.8 below their season average).