The Eastern Illinois Panthers (0-1) will travel to the Kohl Center to challenge the Wisconsin Badgers (0-1). Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, November 8, 2019.
Eastern Illinois Panthers vs. Wisconsin Badgers Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last outing. The Badgers lost a tough one against the 20th-ranked Saint Mary’s Gaels, 65-63, while the Panthers lost big to the 13th-ranked Texas Tech Red Raiders, 85-60.
Eastern Illinois had a better turnover percentage (19.3 vs. 16.4) while Wisconsin did a great job of making free throws (14-20; 70.0 percent). Wisconsin’s Nate Reuvers had a solid performance, finishing with 22 points and six rebounds. Eastern Illinois, meanwhile, rallied around George Dixon, who contributed 13 points and 10 rebounds.
Wisconsin appears to have the edge on the defensive side of the ball. The Badgers rank 12th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.452), while Eastern Illinois is 220th in effective field goal percentage (0.502) dating back to last season. Additionally, the Panthers, who rank 302nd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.195), could struggle to get to the line against the Badgers, who rank 12th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.172).
Eastern Illinois vs. Wisconsin Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Wisconsin, ATS Winner – Eastern Illinois, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Wisconsin ranks 17th in assists allowed per game (10.3) while Eastern Illinois ranks 274th (15.2).
- The Panthers rank 107th in blocks per game (3.7) while the Badgers rank 211th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- Wisconsin averages 35.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 177th in the nation. Eastern Illinois ranks 254th in rebounds allowed per game (37.2).
- The Badgers rank 53rd in three pointers allowed per game (20.0) while the Panthers rank 228th (23.8).
- Wisconsin ranks 40th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while Eastern Illinois ranks 212th (6.9).