The Eastern Illinois Panthers (12-13, 5-8 OVC) visit Skyhawk Arena to take on the UT Martin Skyhawks (7-17, 3-10 OVC). The Panthers can put an end to a seven-game road losing streak. Action gets underway at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Eastern Illinois Panthers at UT Martin Skyhawks Betting Odds
Both teams lost a tough one in their last matchup. The Skyhawks fell to the Southeast Missouri State Redhawks, 74-72, while the Panthers were defeated by the SIUE Cougars, 76-74.
Eastern Illinois did an excellent job of making free throws (13-18; 72.2 percent) while UT Martin forced Southeast Missouri State into a turnover percentage of 20.2 (above the 15.6 mark opponents have averaged against UT Martin this season). Quintin Dove played a pivotal role for UT Martin with 24 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Eastern Illinois was led by Mack Smith, who recorded 25 points.
In their first matchup this year, George Dixon led the Panthers to a 95-83 win. He produced 20 points and nine rebounds. The Panthers’ 12.9 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Skyhawks, who had a rate of 17.2.
The offensive glass could be a major advantage for UT Martin in this matchup. The Skyhawks currently rank 77th in offensive rebounding percentage (31.6 percent), while Eastern Illinois ranks 214th in defensive rebounding percentage (71.5 percent).
Eastern Illinois Panthers vs. UT Martin Skyhawks Pick
Pick: SU Winner – UT Martin, ATS Winner – UT Martin, O/U – Under
- Eastern Illinois ranks 63rd in three pointers allowed per game (19.6) while UT Martin ranks 268th (25.4).
- The Panthers rank 49th in steals per game (7.7) while the Skyhawks rank 188th (5.4).
- Eastern Illinois ranks 27th in blocks per game (4.7) while UT Martin ranks 140th (2.8).
- The Panthers rank 89th in assists allowed per game (11.8) while the Skyhawks rank 259th (18.0).
- Eastern Illinois ranks 90th in rebounds per game (37.0) while UT Martin ranks 232nd (33.2).
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 72.6 points per game (2.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.6 points per game (5.2 above their season average).
- The Skyhawks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.0, down from 6.5 for the season.