The Texas Tech Red Raiders welcome the Eastern Illinois Panthers to United Supermarkets Arena to begin the new season. The game is scheduled to start at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 5, 2019.
Eastern Illinois Panthers at Texas Tech Red Raiders ATS Odds
Texas Tech made the tournament last season after a 24-5 regular season campaign that earned them a three seed in the tournament. They reached the National Championship, where they were defeated by the Virginia Cavaliers. Eastern Illinois, meanwhile, was unable reach the tournament following a 14-17 regular season.
The high-octane offense of Texas Tech will battle against the mid-tier defense of Eastern Illinois. Last season, the Red Raiders ranked 97th in offensive efficiency, while the Panthers were 306th in defensive efficiency. The Red Raiders should have the advantage on that end of the court.
Eastern Illinois Panthers vs. Texas Tech Red Raiders Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Texas Tech, ATS Winner – Texas Tech, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Texas Tech ranks fifth in assists allowed per game (9.8) while Eastern Illinois ranks 264th (15.2).
- The Red Raiders rank 114th in three pointers allowed per game (21.5) while the Panthers rank 245th (24.1).
- Texas Tech ranks 14th in blocks per game (4.9) while Eastern Illinois ranks 131st in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- The Red Raiders rank 60th in rebounds allowed per game (32.8) while the Panthers rank 256th (37.1).
- Texas Tech averages 7.3 steals per game, which ranks 61st in the NCAA. Eastern Illinois ranks 206th in steals allowed per game (6.9).