The Southeast Missouri State Redhawks (7-22, 3-13 OVC) wrap up their home schedule at Show Me Center against the Eastern Illinois Panthers (14-14, 7-9 OVC). Action gets underway at 8:15 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
Eastern Illinois Panthers vs. Southeast Missouri State Redhawks ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Redhawks were beaten by the Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles, 71-62, while the Panthers edged the Austin Peay Governors, 83-80.
Eastern Illinois’ 10.6 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over Austin Peay, who had a rate of 23.0. The Panthers’ mark was better than their season average of 15.8, while the Governors’ was above their season average of 15.6. Southeast Missouri State, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 11.8 (better than their season average of 17.6). Quatarrius Wilson fueled Southeast Missouri State with 16 points and 12 rebounds. George Dixon played well for Eastern Illinois, putting up 14 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Dixon led the Panthers to a 61-59 victory. He notched a double-double with 11 points and 11 rebounds. Eastern Illinois had a much better free throw rate (0.302 vs. 0.121). Southeast Missouri State, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (31.9 vs. 10.3).
It could be a mistake-prone game for the Southeast Missouri State offense. Southeast Missouri State ranks 228th in the country in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.8 percent), while the pesky defense of Eastern Illinois forces the 61st-most turnovers in the nation (21.5 percent).
Eastern Illinois Panthers vs. Southeast Missouri State Redhawks Betting Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Eastern Illinois, ATS Winner – Eastern Illinois, O/U – Over
- Eastern Illinois ranks 33rd in blocks per game (4.5) while Southeast Missouri State ranks 206th (2.1).
- The Panthers rank 235th in three pointers attempted per game (19.4) while the Redhawks rank 250th (19.0).
- Eastern Illinois averages 7.7 steals per game, which ranks 51st in the nation. Southeast Missouri State ranks 63rd in steals allowed per game (5.7).
- The Panthers rank 96th in rebounds per game (37.0) while the Redhawks rank 253rd (32.9).
- Eastern Illinois averages 13.8 assists per game, which ranks 98th in the nation. Southeast Missouri State ranks 243rd in assists allowed per game (15.1).
- The Redhawks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.4, down from 8.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Panthers have scored an average of 74.0 points per game (1.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.2 points per game (2.4 above their season average).