The Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons (5-5) will be at home in Allen County War Memorial Coliseum when they clash against the Eastern Illinois Panthers (4-3). Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 4, 2019.
Eastern Illinois Panthers at Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons Betting Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Mastodons defeated the Grand Canyon Antelopes 71-60, while the Panthers beat the UIW Cardinals 72-63.
Eastern Illinois played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.397 (above their season average of 0.185) and a turnover percentage of 11.1 (better than their season average of 16.0). UIW was 0.135 and 28.1, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Purdue Fort Wayne’s effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over Grand Canyon. The Mastodons had a rate of 0.622 (above their season average of 0.544), while the Antelopes posted a mark of 0.460 (below the 0.511 mark opponents have averaged against Purdue Fort Wayne this season). Jarred Godfrey led the way for Purdue Fort Wayne, contributing 28 points. Marvin Johnson fueled Eastern Illinois with 12 points, eight rebounds and seven assists.
The Mastodons won the lone game between these two teams last year, 104-60. The Mastodons’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Panthers. Purdue Fort Wayne had a rate of 46.7, while Eastern Illinois posted a mark of 23.4.
Purdue Fort Wayne could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their sharp-shooting offense squares off against one of the nation’s worst defenses. Since last season, the Mastodons rank 21st in effective field goal percentage (0.565), while Eastern Illinois ranks 267th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.515).
Eastern Illinois vs. Purdue Fort Wayne Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Purdue Fort Wayne, ATS Winner – Purdue Fort Wayne, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 50th in rebounds allowed per game (35.3) while Eastern Illinois ranks 246th (36.5).
- The Mastodons rank ninth in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Panthers rank 160th (3.4).
- Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 77th in steals per game (7.4) while Eastern Illinois ranks 201st in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- The Mastodons average 28.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 49th in the country. The Panthers rank 224th in three pointers allowed per game (23.3).
- Eastern Illinois ranks 91st in assists per game (14.3) while Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 250th in assists allowed per game (13.6).