The Nebraska Cornhuskers and Eastern Illinois Panthers will battle at Pinnacle Bank Arena to get their seasons started. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 142 points with Nebraska opening as a 10.5-point favorite. Action starts at 8:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 11, 2017, and it can be seen on BTN2Go.
Eastern Illinois Panthers at Nebraska Cornhuskers Betting Preview
Neither team made the tournament last season. Eastern Illinois went 14-15 in the regular season while Nebraska finished 12-19.
Expect Nebraska to own the offensive glass in this contest. The Cornhuskers ranked 48th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.9 percent), while Eastern Illinois ranked 262nd in defensive rebounding percentage (69.0 percent) in the 2016-17 season.
Last season, the Panthers were 14-15 straight up (SU) and 14-13 against the spread (ATS). Vegas was fairly accurate when predicting totals of Eastern Illinois games, with 14 overs compared to 13 unders.
The Cornhuskers, meanwhile, were 12-19 SU and 12-16-1 ATS last season. Unlike Eastern Illinois, just over half of Nebraska’s games finished under the O/U total.
Eastern Illinois Panthers at Nebraska Cornhuskers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Nebraska, ATS Winner – Eastern Illinois, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Panthers average 4.1 blocks per game, which ranks 72nd in the NCAA. The Cornhuskers rank 239th in blocks allowed per game (4.8).
- Eastern Illinois averages 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 83rd in the nation. Nebraska ranks 144th in steals allowed per game (6.2).
- Nebraska ranks 47th in rebounds per game (38.3) while Eastern Illinois ranks 296th in rebounds allowed per game (38.8).
- The Panthers rank 61st in three pointers attempted per game (24.0) while the Cornhuskers rank 274th (18.1).
- Eastern Illinois ranks 62nd in assists per game (15.3) while Nebraska ranks 266th (11.4).