The Eastern Illinois Panthers (7-8, 0-3 OVC) will be at Ellis T Johnson Arena to meet the Morehead State Eagles (8-8, 2-1 OVC) in an OVC matchup. Action gets underway at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 11, 2020.
Eastern Illinois Panthers at Morehead State Eagles Betting Odds
In their last game, the Eagles beat the SIUE Cougars, 83-77, while the Panthers lost a close one to the Eastern Kentucky Colonels, 77-74.
The Eagles knocked down 26 of their 34 free throws (76.5 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.518 (above their season average of 0.498). Eastern Illinois, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (13.2 vs. 16.2). Morehead State was lifted by Jordan Walker, who finished with 28 points. George Dixon, meanwhile was a key piece for Eastern Illinois with 15 points and 11 rebounds.
The Eagles won the sole contest between these two teams last season, 84-78. Morehead State’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over Eastern Illinois. The Eagles had a rate of 0.246, while the Panthers posted a mark of 0.066. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Contrasting styles will be on display in this meeting. Eastern Illinois has preferred an up-and-down style of play (84th in possessions per game), while Morehead State has been more methodical (194th in possessions per game).
Eastern Illinois Panthers at Morehead State Eagles Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Morehead State, ATS Winner – Morehead State, O/U – Under
- Eastern Illinois ranks 49th in blocks per game (4.3) while Morehead State ranks 152nd in blocks allowed per game (5.2).
- The Panthers average 7.9 steals per game, which ranks 52nd in the NCAA. The Eagles rank 67th in steals allowed per game (5.9).
- The Panthers rank 64th in rebounds per game (38.6) while the Eagles rank 161st in rebounds allowed per game (36.1).
- Eastern Illinois ranks 86th in assists per game (14.3) while Morehead State ranks 105th in assists allowed per game (12.3).
- The Panthers have been outscored by an average of 4.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Eastern Illinois has defeated opponents by an average of 7.7 points.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 83.2 points per game (10.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.6 points per game (2.4 above their season average).