The Wofford Terriers (16-13, 8-8 SoCon) close out their home schedule at Jerry Richardson Indoor Stadium against the East Tennessee State Buccaneers (25-4, 14-2 SoCon). The game is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
East Tennessee State Buccaneers vs. Wofford Terriers Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Terriers lost a close one to the Furman Paladins, 67-66, while the Buccaneers beat the Samford Bulldogs, 80-74.
East Tennessee State played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 52.6 (above their season average of 33.3) and a turnover percentage of 15.1 (worse than their season average of 15.1). For those same stats, Samford was 25.8 and 17.6, respectively. Wofford, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.3 (above their season average of 25.2). Wofford’s Chevez Goodwin led the way, putting up 15 points and 11 rebounds. Meanwhile, Lucas N’Guessan played a key role for East Tennessee State with 15 points and 15 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Isaiah Tisdale led the Buccaneers to a 49-48 win. He produced eight points and seven assists. East Tennessee State’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over Wofford. The Buccaneers had a rate of 0.170, while the Terriers posted a mark of 0.122.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the country’s slowest-paced teams square off. Wofford currently ranks 253rd in possessions per game (67.7) and East Tennessee State is 273rd (67.2). Additionally, the Buccaneers rank 28th in effective field goal percentage (0.541), while the Terriers rank 269th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.510).
East Tennessee State vs. Wofford ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Wofford, ATS Winner – Wofford, O/U – Over
- East Tennessee State ranks 119th in rebounds per game (36.2) while Wofford ranks 284th (31.3).
- The Buccaneers rank 23rd in assists allowed per game (10.3) while the Terriers rank 135th (12.6).
- Wofford ranks 27th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while East Tennessee State ranks 75th (3.0).
- The Buccaneers rank 81st in three pointers allowed per game (20.0) while the Terriers rank 235th (23.9).
- East Tennessee State ranks 21st in steals per game (8.5) while Wofford ranks 163rd (5.8).
- The Terriers have been outscored by an average of 4.0 points in their last five games. For the season, Wofford has defeated opponents by an average of 4.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Buccaneers have scored an average of 78.2 points per game (1.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 66.8 points per game (3.5 above their season average).