SoCon foes will collide when the Western Carolina Catamounts (12-15, 7-7 SoCon) square off against the East Tennessee State Buccaneers (22-5, 13-1 SoCon) at Ramsey Center. Action starts at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 17, 2018.
East Tennessee State Buccaneers vs. Western Carolina Catamounts ATS Preview
In the Buccaneers last game, they got blown out by the UNCG Spartans, 74-56. East Tennessee State’s Desonta Bradford put together a solid game, leading both teams in scoring with 21 points on 8-for-22 shooting. UNCG had an effective field goal percentage of 0.591 (above their season average of 0.527). East Tennessee State, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (11.9 vs. 18.7).
The Catamounts are hoping for a better outcome after their 84-69 loss to the Wofford Terriers in their last game. Mike Amius was Western Carolina’s high scorer with 20 points on 7-for-10 shooting. Wofford had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 26.3). Western Carolina, on the other hand, forced the Terriers into a turnover percentage of 20.0 (above their season average of 16.7).
Western Carolina might have difficulty finding the bottom of the net as they clash against one of the nations best defenses. East Tennessee State currently ranks 14th in defensive efficiency while the Catamounts rank 324th in offensive efficiency.
These teams have already met once this season. The Buccaneers won 66-50. The Buccaneers played a nearly flawless game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.265 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.541. The Catamounts were 0.136 and 0.356, respectively, for those same stats. In the victory, Bradford led all scorers with 16 points.
East Tennessee State Buccaneers at Western Carolina Catamounts Free Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Western Carolina, ATS Winner – Western Carolina, O/U – Over
- The Buccaneers average 4.1 blocks per game, which ranks 61st in the nation. The Catamounts rank 160th in blocks allowed per game (4.0).
- East Tennessee State averages 21.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 161st in the nation. Western Carolina ranks 234th in three pointers allowed per game (24.2).
- East Tennessee State ranks 31st in assists allowed per game (11.1) while Western Carolina ranks 220th (15.1).
- The Buccaneers rank 28th in steals per game (7.7) while the Catamounts rank 204th in steals allowed per game (7.9).
- East Tennessee State averages 37.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 69th in the nation. Western Carolina ranks 232nd in rebounds allowed per game (37.1).
- The Catamounts average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 6.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Buccaneers have scored an average of 75.2 points per game (1.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.6 points per game (2.1 above their season average).