The East Tennessee State Buccaneers (1-0) will travel to Skyhawk Arena to square off with the UT Martin Skyhawks (1-0). The game gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 9, 2019.
East Tennessee State Buccaneers vs. UT Martin Skyhawks Betting Odds
Both teams won big over their last opponent. The Skyhawks defeated the St. Louis College of Pharmacy Eutectic 106-48, while the Buccaneers beat the Newberry Wolves 79-50.
East Tennessee State played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.2 and a turnover percentage of 15.1. Newberry was 21.9 and 23.6, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, UT Martin dominated every facet of their game. They had a free throw rate of 0.254 and a turnover percentage of 15.5. St. Louis College of Pharmacy was 0.065 and 31.8, respectively, for those same stats. Quintin Dove played a key role for UT Martin with 24 points and nine rebounds. Tray Boyd III had a good outing for East Tennessee State, contributing 20 points.
The battle on the backboards could prove decisive, pitting strength against strength. The Skyhawks rank 60th in offensive rebounding percentage (32.2 percent), while East Tennessee State ranks 14th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.6 percent) since last season. Also, the Buccaneers rank 18th in offensive efficiency (113.7), while the Skyhawks rank 337th in defensive efficiency (111.7).
East Tennessee State Buccaneers vs. UT Martin Skyhawks Betting Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – UT Martin, ATS Winner – UT Martin, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- East Tennessee State ranks 29th in assists per game (15.7) while UT Martin ranks 305th in assists allowed per game (17.3).
- The Buccaneers rank 168th in three pointers attempted per game (22.2) while the Skyhawks rank 279th in three pointers allowed per game (25.5).
- East Tennessee State ranks 78th in blocks per game (4.1) while UT Martin ranks 126th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- The Buccaneers rank sixth in rebounds allowed per game (29.5) while the Skyhawks rank 228th (36.3).
- East Tennessee State averages 7.5 steals per game, which ranks 46th in the country. UT Martin ranks 213th in steals allowed per game (7.0).