The East Tennessee State Buccaneers (24-4, 13-2 SoCon) travel to Pete Hanna Center to meet the Samford Bulldogs (9-20, 3-12 SoCon). The Buccaneers will try to lengthen their six-game winning streak. Action starts at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
East Tennessee State Buccaneers vs. Samford Bulldogs Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Bulldogs lost big to the Mercer Bears, 106-66, while the Buccaneers were victorious over the Furman Paladins, 75-66.
The Buccaneers, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.9, had an absurd mark of 43.3 and held the Paladins to an effective field goal percentage of 0.481 (below their season average of 0.564). Samford, meanwhile, did a great job of converting from the free throw line (14-17; 82.4 percent). Jalen Dupree was a key piece for Samford with 17 points and 11 rebounds. Isaiah Tisdale had a solid performance for East Tennessee State, finishing with 15 points and eight rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Bo Hodges led the Buccaneers to an 88-63 victory. He put up eight points, nine rebounds and six assists. The Buccaneers’ turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Bulldogs. East Tennessee State had a rate of 11.0, while Samford posted a mark of 20.7.
Samford might have difficulty finding the bottom of the net as they battle against one of the country’s best defenses. East Tennessee State currently ranks 27th in defensive efficiency, while the Bulldogs rank 255th in offensive efficiency. Additionally, the Buccaneers could control the offensive glass in this matchup as they rank 37th in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage at 33.3 percent. The Bulldogs, meanwhile, rank 324th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.0 percent).
East Tennessee State Buccaneers vs. Samford Bulldogs ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – East Tennessee State, ATS Winner – East Tennessee State, O/U – Under
- East Tennessee State ranks 21st in assists allowed per game (10.2) while Samford ranks 271st (18.5).
- The Buccaneers rank 21st in steals per game (8.5) while the Bulldogs rank 206th in steals allowed per game (7.7).
- East Tennessee State blocks 3.8 opponent shots per game, which is ranked 67th in the nation. Samford ranks 124th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- The Buccaneers rank 22nd in rebounds allowed per game (31.1) while the Bulldogs rank 267th (38.3).
- East Tennessee State ranks 81st in three pointers allowed per game (20.0) while Samford ranks 289th (29.5).
- The Buccaneers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.4, down from 13.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 69.6 points per game (4.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 85.4 points per game (4.4 above their season average).