The Northern Kentucky Norse and East Tennessee State Buccaneers will battle at BB&T Arena to open their seasons. Northern Kentucky is a 5.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 151 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017.
East Tennessee State Buccaneers vs. Northern Kentucky Norse Free Preview
East Tennessee State was a 13 seed in the tournament last season and were defeated in the First Round by the Florida Gators. The Buccaneers went 27-7 in the regular season. Northern Kentucky, meanwhile, went 24-10 in the regular season, which earned them a 15 seed in the tournament. They lost in the First Round to the Kentucky Wildcats.
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the offense of Northern Kentucky. In the 2016-17 season, Northern Kentucky ranked 220th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.2 percent), while the gambling defense of East Tennessee State forced the 30th-most turnovers in the NCAA (21.9 percent).
The Buccaneers were 27-7 straight up (SU) and 18-14 against the spread (ATS) last season. Vegas was spot on when setting the O/U total of East Tennessee State games last year, with an even split between overs and unders.
On the other side, the Norse were 24-10 SU and 21-10 ATS last season. Of Northern Kentucky’s 31 games that accepted bets last year, 18 finished under the projected point total.
East Tennessee State Buccaneers vs. Northern Kentucky Norse Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – East Tennessee State, ATS Winner – East Tennessee State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Buccaneers rank 25th in assists allowed per game (11.1) while the Norse rank 68th (11.9).
- East Tennessee State ranks 32nd in rebounds allowed per game (32.1) while Northern Kentucky ranks 73rd (33.3).
- East Tennessee State averages 4.6 blocks per game, which ranks 43rd in the nation. Northern Kentucky ranks 221st in blocks allowed per game (4.2).
- The Buccaneers rank 12th in steals per game (8.4) while the Norse rank 184th (5.7).
- Northern Kentucky ranks 50th in three pointers attempted per game (24.5) while East Tennessee State ranks 215th (19.8).