Expect a shootout when the East Tennessee State Buccaneers (16-3, 5-1 SoCon) clash with the Western Carolina Catamounts (12-4, 4-1 SoCon) at Ramsey Center. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 18, 2020.
East Tennessee State Buccaneers at Western Carolina Catamounts Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Catamounts were beaten by the Furman Paladins, 83-79, while the Buccaneers won big over the Samford Bulldogs, 88-63.
East Tennessee State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.0 (better than their season average of 16.2) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.592 (above their season average of 0.535). For those same stats, Samford was 20.7 and 0.453, respectively. Western Carolina, on the other hand, made 13 of their 31 three pointers (41.9 percent). Western Carolina was lifted by Carlos Dotson, who had 21 points and 11 rebounds. Bo Hodges, meanwhile had a good game for East Tennessee State, recording eight points, nine rebounds and six assists.
The Buccaneers dominated this series last year, emerging victorious in both games. In the last matchup, East Tennessee State won 81-74. Getting to the free throw line was one of East Tennessee State’s largest advantages. They had 32 free throw attempts, while Western Carolina had just 15. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
This matchup pits one of the country’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Western Carolina currently ranks 16th in offensive efficiency and East Tennessee State ranks 31st in defensive efficiency.
East Tennessee State Buccaneers vs. Western Carolina Catamounts Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – East Tennessee State, ATS Winner – East Tennessee State, O/U – Over
- East Tennessee State ranks 21st in steals per game (9.1) while Western Carolina ranks 190th (5.6).
- The Buccaneers rank 32nd in assists allowed per game (10.3) while the Catamounts rank 86th (11.8).
- East Tennessee State ranks 35th in rebounds allowed per game (31.7) while Western Carolina ranks 81st (33.4).
- The Buccaneers rank 50th in blocks per game (4.3) while the Catamounts rank 194th (1.8).
- Western Carolina ranks 23rd in three pointers attempted per game (27.6) while East Tennessee State ranks 102nd (23.2).
- The Buccaneers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.0, down from 15.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Catamounts have scored an average of 89.8 points per game (7.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 73.6 points per game (0.0 above their season average).