The East Tennessee State Buccaneers (22-4, 11-2 SoCon) will be at Cameron Hall to clash with the VMI Keydets (7-19, 2-11 SoCon) in a SoCon matchup. The game starts at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
East Tennessee State Buccaneers vs. VMI Keydets Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Keydets were blown out by the Chattanooga Mocs, 86-67, while the Buccaneers dismantled the Citadel Bulldogs, 91-67.
East Tennessee State dominated every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 34.4 (above their season average of 33.1) and a turnover percentage of 10.2 (better than their season average of 15.2). For those same stats, Citadel recorded marks of 3.6 and 20.1, respectively. VMI, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.509 vs. 0.573). Kamdyn Curfman played a key role for VMI with 13 points. Meanwhile, Isaiah Tisdale had a good game for East Tennessee State, recording 15 points and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Patrick Good led the Buccaneers to a 61-55 victory. He put up 12 points. The Buccaneers’ turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Keydets. East Tennessee State had a rate of 10.9, while VMI posted a mark of 25.4.
East Tennessee State could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their productive offense faces off against one of the nation’s worst defenses. The Buccaneers currently rank eighth in offensive efficiency, while VMI ranks 260th in defensive efficiency.
East Tennessee State Buccaneers at VMI Keydets ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – East Tennessee State, ATS Winner – East Tennessee State, O/U – Over
- East Tennessee State ranks 25th in assists allowed per game (10.3) while VMI ranks 175th (13.5).
- The Buccaneers rank 15th in steals per game (8.8) while the Keydets rank 84th (6.9).
- East Tennessee State ranks 64th in blocks per game (3.9) while VMI ranks 72nd in blocks allowed per game (3.0).
- The Keydets rank sixth in three pointers attempted per game (29.9) while the Buccaneers rank 141st (22.2).
- East Tennessee State ranks 27th in rebounds allowed per game (31.2) while VMI ranks 162nd (35.3).
- The Buccaneers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.8, down from 14.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Keydets have scored an average of 70.6 points per game (1.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.4 points per game (4.1 above their season average).