The Duquesne Dukes (9-4) will be at Belk Arena to clash against the Davidson Wildcats (9-4) in an A10 matchup. Action starts at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019.
Duquesne Dukes vs. Davidson Wildcats ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Wildcats dismantled the Cleveland State Vikings 83-63, while the Dukes were victorious over the William & Mary Tribe 84-70.
The Dukes had a much better turnover percentage (11.9 vs. 19.8) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.623 vs. 0.526). The Wildcats, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (47.7 vs. 7.1) and had a much better turnover percentage (13.4 vs. 24.2). Kellan Grady played a key role for Davidson with 24 points and seven rebounds. Austin Rotroff led the way for Duquesne, recording 17 points and seven rebounds.
The Wildcats won the sole game between these two teams last season, 71-60. Converting at the free throw line was one of Davidson’s largest advantages. They were 18-22 (81.8 percent), while the Dukes were just 5-9 (55.6 percent). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The battle on the backboards could prove decisive, pitting strength against strength. The Dukes rank 59th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.3 percent), while Davidson ranks 30th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.5 percent).
Duquesne Dukes at Davidson Wildcats Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Davidson, ATS Winner – Duquesne, O/U – Over
- Duquesne ranks 50th in three pointers allowed per game (20.2) while Davidson ranks 237th (26.8).
- The Wildcats rank fifth in blocks allowed per game (1.6) while the Dukes rank 117th (3.8).
- Davidson averages 36.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 136th in the nation. Duquesne ranks 181st in rebounds allowed per game (36.8).
- The Dukes rank ninth in steals per game (9.5) while the Wildcats rank 168th (5.2).
- Davidson averages 15.2 assists per game, which ranks 60th in the NCAA. Duquesne ranks 195th in assists allowed per game (15.1).
- The Wildcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.6, down from 5.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Dukes have scored an average of 76.2 points per game (1.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.0 points per game (0.8 above their season average).