The Charleston Cougars (16-13, 10-7 CAA) welcome the Drexel Dragons (13-17, 6-11 CAA) to TD Arena as the regular season finishes up. The game is scheduled to start at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
Drexel Dragons at Charleston Cougars Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Cougars were victorious over the Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens, 80-71, while the Dragons were beaten by the UNCW Seahawks, 76-65.
The Cougars had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 7.3 (better than their season average of 14.9) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.577 (above their season average of 0.505). Drexel, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 30.4). Grant Riller had a good outing for Charleston, contributing 24 points and six assists. Drexel received a boost from James Butler, who recorded 16 points and 12 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Riller led the Cougars to a 76-65 win. He scored a game-high 22 points. Charleston had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.639 vs. 0.466). Drexel, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (38.9 vs. 23.1).
Charleston should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Charleston ranks 25th in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.3 percent), while Drexel forces the 29th-fewest turnovers (16.6 percent).
Drexel at Charleston Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Charleston, ATS Winner – Charleston, O/U – Under
- Drexel ranks 43rd in assists per game (14.8) while Charleston ranks 246th (10.9).
- The Dragons rank 150th in rebounds per game (35.3) while the Cougars rank 256th (32.6).
- The Cougars rank 18th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Dragons rank 214th (7.7).
- Drexel ranks 19th in three pointers allowed per game (17.4) while Charleston ranks 143rd (21.5).
- The Dragons’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.4, up from 1.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cougars have scored an average of 62.8 points per game (7.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.4 points per game (2.7 above their season average).