The Drake Bulldogs (18-10, 8-7 MVC) will be at Redbird Arena to challenge the Illinois State Redbirds (8-19, 3-12 MVC) in a MVC matchup. Action gets underway at 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Drake Bulldogs vs. Illinois State Redbirds ATS Odds
In their last game, the Redbirds were beaten by the Loyola Chicago Ramblers, 84-69, while the Bulldogs won a close one over the Valparaiso Crusaders, 77-75.
Drake played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.433 (above their season average of 0.210) and a turnover percentage of 9.6 (better than their season average of 17.0). Valparaiso was 0.111 and 15.2, respectively, for those same stats. Illinois State, on the other hand, did a great job of converting from the free throw line (11-12; 91.7 percent). DJ Horne led the way for Illinois State, finishing with 15 points and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Liam Robbins was a key piece for Drake with 21 points, 12 rebounds and five blocks.
In their first matchup this year, Robbins led the Bulldogs to an 84-74 victory. He notched a double-double with 19 points and 12 rebounds. Drake’s free throw rate was their largest advantage over Illinois State. The Bulldogs had a rate of 0.276, while the Redbirds posted a mark of 0.177.
It could be a difficult game for Illinois State on the offensive glass. The Redbirds rank 246th in offensive rebounding percentage (26.3 percent), while Drake ranks 13th in defensive rebounding percentage (77.8 percent).
Drake at Illinois State ATS Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Drake, ATS Winner – Drake, O/U – Under
- Drake ranks 27th in assists per game (15.4) while Illinois State ranks 204th (12.1).
- The Redbirds are 32nd in the nation with 2.6 blocks allowed per game while the Bulldogs are 41st with 2.7 blocks allowed per game.
- The Bulldogs rank 36th in rebounds allowed per game (31.6) while the Redbirds rank 149th (35.0).
- Illinois State ranks 116th in three pointers attempted per game (22.7) while Drake ranks 198th in three pointers allowed per game (23.0).
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 74.0 points per game (3.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 79.0 points per game (10.6 above their season average).
- The Redbirds’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.8, up from 4.4 for the season.