The Detroit Titans (8-20, 4-11 Hor) head to UIC to play the Flames (16-12, 11-4 Hor) in what should be a fast-paced game. UIC is a 10.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 158 points. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, February 19, 2018.
Detroit Titans vs. UIC Flames Odds Preview
The Titans were victorious over the Youngstown State Penguins in their last matchup, 94-84. Kameron Chatman was the top scorer from either team with 26 points on 10-for-13 shooting. The Titans had a great turnover percentage of 9.5 (better than their season average of 16.5) and had a free throw rate of 0.369 (above their season average of 0.227).
In the Flames last matchup, they topped the Green Bay Phoenix, 83-75. Jordan Blount played well for UIC, finishing with 14 points and 15 rebounds. The Flames held the Phoenix to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.5 (below their season average of 27.6). The Phoenix had a free throw rate of 0.132 (below their season average of 0.243).
There could be plenty of transition offense in this contest that features a pair of the NCAA’s more up-tempo teams. UIC ranks 56th in possessions per game (72.6) and Detroit is 14th (75.2).
Of Detroit’s 26 games that accepted bets, 14 have finished under the O/U total, while 13 of UIC’s 24 games have finished under the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Flames have a substantial advantage. They are 16-12 SU and 14-10 ATS, while the Titans are 8-20 SU and 11-13-2 ATS.
Roschon Prince has been excellent over the last five games for Detroit, averaging 14.0 points and 7.2 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 147 points in that game, which was under the projected point total of 155. The Flames won 78-69, covering as 7-point favorites. UIC had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.508 vs. 0.379). Detroit, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (14.5 vs. 16.8). Despite the loss, Josh McFolley was the games leading scorer with 30 points.
Detroit Titans vs. UIC Flames ATS Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – UIC, ATS Winner – Detroit, O/U – Under
- The Titans rank 79th in steals per game (6.8) while the Flames rank 185th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- Detroit ranks 159th in assists per game (13.5) while UIC ranks 227th in assists allowed per game (15.3).
- UIC is 5-5 ATS at home, while Detroit is 6-8-1 ATS on the road.
- The Titans have 8 unders and 7 overs in 15 road games.
- The Flames have 5 overs and 5 unders in 10 home games.
- UIC ranks 32nd in rebounds per game (39.0) while Detroit ranks 271st in rebounds allowed per game (38.8).
- The Titans rank 54th in three pointers attempted per game (25.1) while the Flames rank 246th (18.9).
- UIC ranks second in blocks per game (6.8) while Detroit ranks 177th (2.7).
- UIC is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Detroit is 3-1-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Flames average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.0, up from 3.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Titans have scored an average of 77.4 points per game (1.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.8 points per game (8.1 below their season average).