The Saint Louis Billikens (3-1) will be at home in Chaifetz Arena when they take on the Detroit Titans (2-2). Saint Louis opened as an 11.5-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 154 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017.
Detroit Titans at Saint Louis Billikens ATS Preview
The Titans were victorious over the Houston Baptist Huskies in their last game, 116-109. Corey Allen was the games leading scorer with 39 points on 12-for-20 shooting. The Titans, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.493, had a superb mark of 0.554 and had a turnover percentage of 11.1 (better than their season average of 13.9).
In the Billikens last matchup, they were defeated by the Providence Friars, 90-63. With eight points and 11 rebounds, Hasahn French played well for Saint Louis. Providence had an effective field goal percentage of 0.710 (above their season average of 0.561). Saint Louis, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (16.3 vs. 20.9).
It will be a matchup of contrasting tempos as the up-and-down Titans will look to push the slower-paced Billikens. Since last season, the Titans rank 11th in possessions per game while the Billikens are 330th.
Since last season, the Titans have had records of 10-25 straight up (SU) and 13-18-1 against the spread (ATS). Games including Detroit have gone over the projected point total 59.4 percent of the time since last season.
Although the Billikens have struggled winning games outright since last season (15-22 SU), they have had a solid record ATS (20-12). Vegas has been fairly accurate when setting the O/U total of Saint Louis games over that same period with 17 unders compared to 13 overs.
Detroit Titans vs. Saint Louis Billikens Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Saint Louis, ATS Winner – Detroit, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Titans average 22.7 three pointers per game, which ranks 96th in the NCAA. The Billikens rank 122nd in three pointers allowed per game (20.5).
- Saint Louis ranks 186th in blocks per game (2.9) while Detroit ranks 201st in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- Saint Louis ranks 159th in rebounds allowed per game (35.0) while Detroit ranks 284th (38.3).
- The Titans rank 109th in steals per game (6.6) while the Billikens rank 228th (5.3).
- Detroit ranks 195th in assists per game (13.0) while Saint Louis ranks 264th in assists allowed per game (14.9).