The Houston Baptist Huskies (1-2) and the Detroit Titans (1-2) battle in the 2K Classic – Subregional at Curb Event Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 4:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 19, 2017.
Detroit Titans vs. Houston Baptist Huskies Free Preview
The last time the Titans played, they got blown out by the Seattle Redhawks, 102-71. Corey Allen had a good game for Detroit, leading the team in scoring with 18 points on 6-for-10 shooting. Seattle had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.731 vs. 0.411). Detroit, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (15.3 vs. 23.2).
The Huskies are hoping for a better outcome after their 93-88 loss to the Belmont Bruins in their last outing. With 15 points and 12 rebounds, Houston Baptists Josh Ibarra had a solid performance. Belmont did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (24-29; 82.8 percent). Houston Baptist, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (9.7 vs. 15.8).
The offensive glass should be a huge advantage for Houston Baptist in this meeting. The Huskies rank 14th in offensive rebounding percentage (37.0 percent), while Detroit ranks 297th in defensive rebounding percentage (68.2 percent) since last season.
Detroit Titans vs. Houston Baptist Huskies Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Houston Baptist, ATS Winner – Houston Baptist, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Titans rank 121st in three pointers attempted per game (22.1) while the Huskies rank 246th (18.9).
- Houston Baptist averages 2.7 blocks per game, which ranks 214th in the NCAA. Detroit ranks 217th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- Houston Baptist ranks 30th in rebounds per game (39.1) while Detroit ranks 267th (33.4).
- The Huskies rank 84th in assists per game (14.9) while the Titans rank 262nd in assists allowed per game (15.0).
- Detroit ranks 108th in steals per game (6.6) while Houston Baptist ranks 239th in steals allowed per game (7.0).