The Virginia Tech Hokies and Detroit Titans will battle at Cassell Coliseum to get their seasons underway. Virginia Tech opened as a 19-point favorite, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 166.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 6 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Detroit Titans at Virginia Tech Hokies Odds Preview
Virginia Tech was a nine seed in the tournament last season and lost in the First Round to the Wisconsin Badgers. In the regular season, the Hokies went 22-10. Detroit, meanwhile, was unable reach the tournament following an 8-23 regular season campaign.
The high-octane offense of Virginia Tech will clash against the bottom-tier defense of Detroit. In the 2016-17 season, the Hokies ranked 32nd in offensive efficiency, while the Titans were 341st in defensive efficiency. The Hokies should have the edge on that end of the court.
The Titans were 8-23 straight up (SU) and 12-16-1 against the spread (ATS) last season. Of Detroit’s 29 games with betting action last year, 16 finished over the projected point total.
On the other side, the Hokies were 22-10 SU and 17-12 ATS last season. Similar to Detroit, Virginia Tech games had a tendency to finish over the projected point total (55.2 percent).
Detroit Titans vs. Virginia Tech Hokies Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Virginia Tech, ATS Winner – Detroit, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Titans rank 133rd in three pointers attempted per game (21.8) while the Hokies rank 208th in three pointers allowed per game (22.1).
- Virginia Tech ranks 204th in blocks per game (2.8) while Detroit ranks 226th (2.5).
- Virginia Tech averages 15.1 assists per game, which ranks 69th in the nation. Detroit ranks 252nd in assists allowed per game (14.7).
- The Titans rank 121st in steals per game (6.5) while the Hokies rank 290th (4.0).
- Virginia Tech ranks 140th in rebounds allowed per game (34.7) while Detroit ranks 266th (37.5).