The Detroit Titans (4-15, 2-4 Hor) will be at the Resch Center to take on the Green Bay Phoenix (8-11, 3-3 Hor) in a Hor matchup. The game gets underway at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 18, 2020.
Detroit Titans vs. Green Bay Phoenix Betting Odds
Both teams beat their last opponent. The Phoenix defeated the Oakland Golden Grizzlies 73-69, while the Titans beat the Milwaukee Panthers 90-84.
Detroit played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.491 (above their season average of 0.230) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.544 (above their season average of 0.448). Milwaukee had marks of 0.265 and 0.485, respectively, for those same stats. The Phoenix, on the other hand, forced 16 turnovers and held the Golden Grizzlies to an effective field goal percentage of 0.444 (below the 0.545 mark opponents have averaged against Green Bay this season). Amari Davis put together a solid outing for Green Bay with 22 points. Marquis Moore, meanwhile had a good outing for Detroit, putting up 18 points, nine rebounds and five steals.
This series was highly contested last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the last contest, the Phoenix won 82-73. Converting at the free throw line was one of Green Bay’s biggest strengths. They were 18-19 (94.7 percent), while the Titans were 14-19 (73.7 percent). This will be the first game of the year between these two teams.
Green Bay should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Green Bay ranks 18th in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.1 percent), while Detroit forces the 40th-fewest turnovers (17.4 percent).
Detroit Titans vs. Green Bay Phoenix Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Green Bay, ATS Winner – Green Bay, O/U – Over
- Green Bay ranks ninth in assists per game (17.2) while Detroit ranks 250th in assists allowed per game (17.2).
- The Phoenix rank 37th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Titans rank 104th (3.6).
- Green Bay averages 7.6 steals per game, which ranks 70th in the nation. Detroit ranks 133rd in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- The Titans average 27.7 three pointers per game, which ranks 22nd in the country. The Phoenix rank 247th in three pointers allowed per game (26.2).
- Detroit ranks 145th in rebounds per game (35.9) while Green Bay ranks 242nd in rebounds allowed per game (38.4).
- During their last five games, the Titans have scored an average of 70.2 points per game (2.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 69.0 points per game (8.6 below their season average).
- The Phoenix’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.0, up from 1.2 for the season.