The Detroit Pistons (28-31) will try to put an end to a five-game road losing streak when they challenge the Toronto Raptors (41-17) at Air Canada Centre. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 218 points with Toronto set as an 11-point favorite. Action starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 26, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Detroit.
Detroit Pistons vs. Toronto Raptors ATS Preview
The Pistons fell to the Charlotte Hornets in their last game, 114-98. Andre Drummond had a solid game for Detroit, recording 14 points and 14 rebounds. Charlotte won the rebounding battle. The Hornets had more offensive rebounds (13 vs. eight), defensive rebounds (34 vs. 33) and total rebounds (47 vs. 41).
In the Raptors’ last matchup, they were defeated by the Milwaukee Bucks, 122-119. DeMar DeRozan was the game’s high scorer with 33 points on 13-for-26 shooting. Milwaukee had an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.9 (above their season average of 19.5). Toronto, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (10.6 vs. 15.0).
It will be a showdown of contrasting paces as the up-and-down Raptors (ranked eighth in the league in possessions per game) will look to push the more methodical Pistons (20th in possessions per game).
Of Detroit’s 58 games with betting action, 31 have finished under the O/U total, while 31 of Toronto’s 58 games have finished over the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Raptors have a substantial advantage. They are 41-17 SU and 32-26 ATS, while the Pistons are 28-31 SU and 26-30-2 ATS.
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Pistons, it’s been Reggie Bullock, who has averaged 16.2 points, while the Raptors have received great contributions from Jonas Valanciunas (12.2 points, 9.0 rebounds and 1.2 blocks).
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 187 points in that game, which was well under the projected point total of 212.5. The Raptors won 96-91, but were unable to cover as 9-point favorites. The Raptors dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.212 and a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 27.9. The Pistons had marks of 0.080 and 22.9, respectively, for those same stats. In the loss, Drummond had a double-double with 25 points and 17 rebounds.
Detroit Pistons at Toronto Raptors ATS Prediction
NBA Pick: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Pistons, O/U – Under
- The Raptors rank second in three pointers allowed per game (25.2) while the Pistons rank 17th (29.8).
- Toronto ranks second in points off turnovers per game (18.4) while Detroit ranks 11th (16.8).
- Detroit ranks second in fast break points allowed per game (8.9) while Toronto ranks 14th (11.6).
- Toronto ranks 17th in rebounds per game (43.5) while Detroit ranks 18th in rebounds allowed per game (43.3).
- Detroit is 14-11-1 ATS on the road with 15 unders, 10 overs and 1 push.
- Toronto is 16-13 ATS at home with 15 unders and 14 overs.
- In games where they allow under 100 points, Detroit is 14-6 and Toronto is 19-5.
- The Raptors are 38-10 when they reach 100 points, while the Pistons are 25-14.
- The Raptors rank fifth in points in the paint per game (48.4) while the Pistons rank 14th (44.4).
- Toronto ranks second in blocks per game (6.0) while Detroit ranks last (3.7).
- The Pistons rank fourth in second chance points allowed per game (10.9) while the Raptors rank 24th (13.3).
- The Raptors rank fourth in steals allowed per game (7.0) while the Pistons rank seventh (7.1).
- Toronto ranks 10th in assists allowed per game (21.9) while Detroit ranks 26th (24.8).
- Toronto is 3-2 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Detroit is 0-5 ATS with 3 unders, 1 over and 1 push.
- The Raptors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.8, up from 8.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pistons have scored an average of 103.6 points per game (0.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 111.6 points per game (7.8 above their season average).