The Milwaukee Bucks (7-6) will attempt to snap the five-game winning streak of Detroit when they welcome the Pistons (10-3) to BMO Harris Bradley Center. Milwaukee opened as a 3.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 208 points. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 15, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Detroit.
Detroit Pistons at Milwaukee Bucks ATS Preview
The Pistons defeated the Miami Heat in their last contest, 112-103. Tobias Harris was the top scorer from either team with 25 points on 8-for-15 shooting. Detroit played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.6 (above their season average of 25.4) and a free throw rate of 0.161 (matching their season average). Miami was 14.0 and 0.133, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Bucks’ last matchup, they beat the Memphis Grizzlies, 110-103. Milwaukee rallied around Giannis Antetokounmpo, who was the game’s leading scorer with 27 points on 10-for-22 shooting. Milwaukee played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid turnover percentage of 8.8 (better than their season average of 13.5) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.6 (above their season average of 16.7). Memphis recorded marks of 14.1 and 23.5, respectively, for those same stats.
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the NBA’s slowest-paced teams battle. Milwaukee ranks 27th in possessions per game (97.6) and Detroit is 24th (98.5).
Of Detroit’s 13 games, eight have finished over the O/U total, while 7 of Milwaukee’s 13 games have finished over the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Pistons have a significant advantage. They are 10-3 SU and 9-3-1 ATS, while the Bucks are 7-6 SU and 6-5-2 ATS.
Andre Drummond and Avery Bradley have played at a high level over the last five games for Detroit. Drummond has averaged 17.2 rebounds, 16.0 points, 4.0 assists and 1.2 blocks per game, while Bradley has recorded 17.8 points and 1.4 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 201 points in that game, which was just under the projected point total of 204. The Pistons won 105-96, covering as 1-point favorites. The Pistons dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.295 and a turnover percentage of 11.7. The Bucks put up marks of 0.096 and 13.0, respectively, for those same stats. Drummond put up a double-double in the victory with 24 points and 14 rebounds.
Detroit Pistons vs. Milwaukee Bucks Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Pistons, ATS Winner – Pistons, O/U – Over
- The Pistons rank 15th in rebounds per game (43.8) while the Bucks rank 28th (38.5).
- Detroit ranks fourth in steals allowed per game (7.3) while Milwaukee ranks sixth (7.5).
- Milwaukee averages 47.5 points in the paint per game, which ranks sixth in the league. Detroit ranks 12th in points allowed in the paint per game (42.5).
- Detroit is 4-1 ATS on the road, while Milwaukee is 3-3-1 ATS at home.
- In 5 road games, the Pistons have 3 overs and 2 unders.
- Of the Bucks’ 7 home games, they have 4 unders and 3 overs.
- Milwaukee is 3-1 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Detroit is 5-1.
- The Bucks are 5-2 when they score more than 100 points, while the Pistons are 9-1.
- The Bucks lead the league with 6.6 fast break points allowed per game while the Pistons are fifth with 8.1 fast break points allowed per game.
- Detroit ranks fourth in second chance points per game (14.3) while Milwaukee ranks 28th (8.4).
- The Bucks rank fourth in assists per game (24.2) while the Pistons rank 23rd in assists allowed per game (23.8).
- The Pistons rank sixth in points off turnovers per game (19.5) while the Bucks rank eighth in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.7).
- Milwaukee ranks 14th in blocks per game (4.7) while Detroit ranks 28th (3.2).
- Milwaukee is 3-1-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Detroit is 3-1-1 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Bucks have outscored opponents by an average of 1.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Milwaukee has been defeated by an average of 0.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Pistons have scored an average of 110.0 points per game (3.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 99.8 points per game (1.4 below their season average).