The Toronto Raptors (3-1) will be 8.5-point favorites at home in Scotiabank Arena when they meet the Detroit Pistons (2-2). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 214.5 points and it will air on The Sports Network at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, October 30, 2019.
Detroit Pistons at Toronto Raptors ATS Odds
Both teams covered in their last game. The Raptors (4.5-point favorites) defeated the Orlando Magic 104-95, while the Pistons (1.5-point underdog) beat the Indiana Pacers 96-94. The Toronto game finished 11 points under the projected point total of 210, while the Detroit game finished 23 points under the projected point total of 213.
The Pistons held the Pacers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.447 (below their season average of 0.506). The Pacers had a free throw rate of 0.106 (below their season average of 0.176). Toronto, meanwhile, was successful at getting to and converting from the charity stripe. The Raptors made 28 of their 30 free throws (93.3 percent), while the Magic were 15-18 (83.3 percent). Toronto was led by Kyle Lowry, who had 26 points, six assists and five rebounds. Meanwhile, Andre Drummond played a key role for Detroit with 18 points and 18 rebounds.
The Pistons dominated this series last year, winning all three games. In the most recent matchup, Detroit won 110-107. Detroit made good use of their 27 trips to the free throw line, converting on 24 of them (88.9 percent). Toronto, on the other hand, was 11-14 (78.6 percent).
The Pistons have had records of 43-43 straight up (SU) and 41-42-3 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Games involving Detroit have had a slight tendency to finish under the O/U total since last season (54.7 percent).
The Raptors, meanwhile, are 61-25 SU and 52-44 ATS since last season. Just over half of Toronto’s games have finished over the projected point total over that same time frame.
Toronto could have their way on defense as they face off against one of the NBA’s worst offenses. Since the 2018-19 season, the Raptors rank second in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.503), while Detroit is 26th in effective field goal percentage (0.507).
Detroit Pistons at Toronto Raptors ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Raptors, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Raptors rank ninth in points off turnovers per game (17.2) while the Pistons rank 13th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.2).
- Toronto ranks fifth in fast break points per game (18.0) while Detroit ranks 29th (9.9).
- The Pistons rank first in three pointers allowed per game (28.0) while the Raptors rank 14th (32.1).
- Detroit ranks 14th in second chance points per game (13.2) while Toronto ranks 25th (12.2).
- Detroit ranks fifth in steals allowed per game (7.0) while Toronto ranks 12th (7.4).
- The Raptors rank 10th in blocks per game (5.2) while the Pistons rank 28th (4.1).
- The Raptors rank 14th in assists per game (24.7) while the Pistons rank 25th (22.5).
- Toronto ranks fifth in points allowed in the paint per game (45.2) while Detroit ranks 22nd (50.3).
- Toronto is 27-2 when they allow less than 100 points, while Detroit is 17-3.
- The Pistons are 38-29 when they score over 100 points, while the Raptors are 72-25.