The Detroit Pistons (4-7) will travel to AmericanAirlines Arena to take on the Miami Heat (6-3). The game can be seen on Fox Sports – Detroit at 7:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 12, 2019.
Detroit Pistons vs. Miami Heat ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last game. The Pistons (6-point favorites) were defeated by the Minnesota Timberwolves, 120-114, while the Heat (8.5-point underdogs) fell to the Los Angeles Lakers, 95-80. The Detroit game went 25 points over the projected point total of 209, while the Miami game went 43.5 points under the projected point total of 218.5.
Detroit did an excellent job of getting and making free throws (20-25; 80.0 percent) while Miami did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (18-24; 75.0 percent). Miami’s Jimmy Butler had a good outing, contributing 22 points and six rebounds. Luke Kennard, meanwhile was a key piece for Detroit with 25 points and seven rebounds.
This series was highly competitive last year, as the teams split their four games last season. In the most recent matchup, the Heat won 108-74. The Heat’s turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Pistons. Miami had a rate of 10.4, while Detroit posted a mark of 16.7.
Pistons games have a tendency to finish over the O/U total (60.0 percent). Detroit heads into the contest with records of 4-7 straight up (SU) and 4-5-1 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Detroit, games including the Heat tend to finish under the total (55.6 percent). Additionally, Miami owns records of 6-3 SU and 6-2-1 ATS.
Kennard has been superb as of late for Detroit, averaging 21 points,5.0 assists over the last five games.
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the league’s slowest-paced teams face off. Miami ranks 28th in possessions per game (100.9) and Detroit is 24th (100.3) dating back to the 2018-19 season.
Detroit Pistons at Miami Heat ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Heat, ATS Winner – Heat, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Pistons rank 21st in fast break points per game (10.2) while the Heat rank 26th (10.1).
- Detroit ranks second in three pointers allowed per game (28.1) while Miami ranks 17th (33.6).
- The Heat rank 14th in steals per game (7.9) while the Pistons rank 25th (6.9).
- Miami ranks 13th in points in the paint per game (48.8) while Detroit ranks 22nd in points allowed in the paint per game (50.2).
- Detroit ranks fourth in blocks allowed per game (5.2) while Miami ranks ninth (4.7).
- The Heat average 24.4 assists per game, which ranks 10th in the NBA. The Pistons rank 24th in assists allowed per game (24.2).
- The Heat average 13.9 second chance points per game, which ranks ninth in the NBA. The Pistons rank 15th in second chance points allowed per game (11.4).
- Miami ranks 22nd in points off turnovers per game (15.9) while Detroit ranks 26th (15.8).
- Miami ranks 13th in rebounds per game (46.2) while Detroit ranks 25th (44.5).
- Detroit is 17-3 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Miami is 24-4.
- The Heat are 41-24 when they reach the century mark, while the Pistons are 40-33.