Central Division foes will battle when the Indiana Pacers (7-8) meet the Detroit Pistons (10-4) at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Indiana is a 1.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 209.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 17, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Detroit.
Detroit Pistons vs. Indiana Pacers Odds Preview
The Pistons fell to the Milwaukee Bucks in their last game, 99-95. Detroits Andre Drummond had a good game, recording 13 points and 17 rebounds. Milwaukee held the Pistons to an effective field goal percentage of 0.441 (below their season average of 0.525). Detroit, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.7 (above their season average of 25.4).
The last time the Pacers played, they defeated the Memphis Grizzlies, 116-113. With 30 points on 8-for-13 shooting, Darren Collison was Indianas leading scorer. Indiana dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.3 (better than their season average of 12.7) and a free throw rate of 0.212 (above their season average of 0.179). For those same stats, Memphis was 13.6 and 0.198, respectively.
Ball security could play a key role in this meeting. Indiana commits the fourth-fewest miscues in the NBA (turnover percentage of 13.7 percent), while the pesky defense of Detroit forces the fifth-most (opponents turnover percentage of 16.2 percent). Moreover, the Pistons are among the NBAs best on the offensive backboards, ranking third in offensive rebounding percentage (26.1 percent). The Pacers, meanwhile, rank 24th in defensive rebounding percentage (76.1 percent).
Of Detroits 14 games, eight have finished over the projected point total, while 8 of Indianas 15 games have finished over the O/U total. The Pistons hold a substantial advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 10-4 SU and 10-3-1 ATS, while the Pacers are 7-8 SU and 8-7 ATS.
Avery Bradley has really been playing well over the last five games for Detroit, averaging 21.0 points and 1.6 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 211 points, just over the projected point total of 210. The Pistons won 114-97, covering as 7-point underdogs. The Pistons played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.5 and a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.590. For those same stats, the Pacers were 14.3 and 0.472, respectively. Despite the loss, Al Jefferson had a standout performance in the game, producing 19 points and six rebounds.
Detroit Pistons vs. Indiana Pacers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Over
- The Pacers rank fifth in fast break points per game (13.9) while the Pistons rank 15th (9.8).
- Detroit ranks 14th in three pointers attempted per game (28.8) while Indiana ranks 17th in three pointers allowed per game (28.9).
- Indiana ranks 19th in blocks per game (4.2) while Detroit ranks 28th (3.2).
- Indiana ranks fifth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.9) while Detroit ranks seventh (15.4).
- Detroit is 5-1 ATS on the road with 3 overs and 3 unders.
- Indiana is 3-3 ATS at home with 4 unders and 2 overs.
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Indiana is 3-0 and Detroit is 5-2.
- The Pacers are 6-4 when they score over 100 points, while the Pistons are 9-1.
- The Pistons average 43.9 rebounds per game, which ranks 15th in the NBA. The Pacers rank 19th in rebounds allowed per game (44.5).
- Detroit ranks first in second chance points allowed per game (8.5) while Indiana ranks 22nd (13.8).
- The Pistons rank 10th in points allowed in the paint per game (42.1) while the Pacers rank 26th (51.2).
- The Pacers rank fourth in steals allowed per game (7.3) while the Pistons rank sixth (7.5).
- Indiana averages 23.4 assists per game, which ranks seventh in the league. Detroit ranks 23rd in assists allowed per game (23.8).
- Indiana is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Detroit is 3-1-1 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Pacers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.8, up from 0.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pistons have scored an average of 108.0 points per game (2.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 100.4 points per game (0.7 below their season average).