The Detroit Pistons (19-40) and the Denver Nuggets (39-18) battle at Pepsi Center. The Pistons are 12-point underdogs and look to snap their six-game losing streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 216 points and it will air on Fox Sports – Detroit at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 25, 2020.
Detroit Pistons at Denver Nuggets ATS Odds
The last time the Pistons played, they were topped by the Portland Trail Blazers, 107-104, but they were able to cover as 5.5-point underdogs. The Pistons, on the other hand, defeated the Minnesota Timberwolves,128-116, but failed to cover as 16-point favorites. The Detroit game went 9 points under the projected point total of 220, while the Denver game finished 15 points over the projected point total of 229.
The Nuggets, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.526, had an outstanding mark of 0.650 and had a better turnover percentage (11.8 vs. 12.7). Detroit, on the other hand, did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (19-20; 95.0 percent). Denver’s Nikola Jokic had a solid performance, recording 24 points, seven rebounds and six assists. Meanwhile, Christian Wood played a key role for Detroit with 26 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Andre Drummond led the Pistons to a 128-123 win. He notched a double-double with 21 points and 17 rebounds. Detroit covered as a 2-point underdog and the two teams combined to put up 251 points, which was well over the projected point total of 211.5. Detroit did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (18-24; 75.0 percent). Denver, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (30.4 vs. 25.0).
Of the Pistons’ 59 games, 35 have finished over the projected point total. Detroit holds records of 19-40 straight up (SU) and 22-35-2 against the spread (ATS).
In opposition of Detroit, games featuring the Nuggets have gone under the total 54.4 percent of the time. Denver is 39-18 SU, but they struggle covering the spread (25-26-6 ATS).
The Pistons’ Wood has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 20 points,10.8 rebounds per game. Meanwhile, Jamal Murray has averaged 29 points,5.8 assists during that same time frame for the Nuggets.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the league’s slowest-paced teams battle. Denver ranks 28th in possessions per game (100.4) and Detroit is 25th (100.8).
Detroit Pistons vs. Denver Nuggets Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Nuggets, ATS Winner – Pistons, O/U – Over
- The Nuggets rank 18th in blocks per game (4.7) while the Pistons rank 23rd in blocks allowed per game (5.6).
- Denver averages 49.5 points in the paint per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. Detroit ranks 26th in points allowed in the paint per game (51.7).
- The Nuggets rank sixth in second chance points per game (14.2) while the Pistons rank 18th in second chance points allowed per game (13.3).
- Detroit ranks second in three pointers allowed per game (29.9) while Denver ranks 11th (32.9).
- Denver averages 16.8 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 14th in the league. Detroit ranks 21st in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.5).
- The Nuggets rank fourth in assists per game (26.4) while the Pistons rank 19th in assists allowed per game (24.7).
- The Nuggets rank 18th in rebounds per game (44.6) while the Pistons rank 27th (42.5).
- Denver averages 8.1 steals per game, which ranks 10th in the league. Detroit ranks 23rd in steals allowed per game (8.0).
- Detroit is 4-3 when they allow less than 100 points, while Denver is 13-1.
- In games where they score more than 100 points, the Pistons are 18-28 and the Nuggets are 36-13.
- Denver is 12-14-3 ATS at home, while Detroit is 11-15-2 ATS on the road.
- In 28 road games, the Pistons have 14 overs and 14 unders.
- The Nuggets have 16 unders and 13 overs in 29 home games.
- In their last five games, Detroit and Denver are both 2-3 ATS.
- The Pistons have 3 unders and 2 overs over their last five games, while the Nuggets have 4 overs and 1 under
- During their last five games, the Pistons have scored an average of 98.0 points per game (9.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 106.2 points per game (4.6 below their season average).
- The Nuggets’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.4, down from 3.6 for the season.