The DePaul Blue Demons (14-13, 2-12 Big East) visit Cintas Center to challenge the Xavier Musketeers (17-10, 6-8 Big East). The Blue Demons look to end a six-game road losing streak. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 25, 2020, and can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
DePaul Blue Demons vs. Xavier Musketeers Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Musketeers lost to the 12th-ranked Villanova Wildcats, 64-55, while the Blue Demons defeated the Georgetown Hoyas, 74-68.
The Blue Demons had a turnover percentage of 11.4 (better than their season average of 17.6) and held the Hoyas to an effective field goal percentage of 0.404 (below their season average of 0.495). Xavier, meanwhile, did a terrific job of making free throws (12-16; 75.0 percent). Xavier’s Tyrique Jones had a good outing, finishing with 17 points and 14 rebounds. Paul Reed played a pivotal role for DePaul with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Jones led the Musketeers to a 67-59 win. He recorded a double-double with 12 points and 18 rebounds. Xavier’s 0.293 free throw rate was their largest strength over DePaul, who had a mark of 0.075.
The offensive glass should be a major advantage for Xavier in this battle. The Musketeers are among the NCAA’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 58th in offensive rebounding percentage at 32.1 percent. Meanwhile, DePaul ranks 268th in the NCAA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 70.4 percent.
DePaul vs. Xavier Betting Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Xavier, ATS Winner – Xavier, O/U – Under
- Xavier ranks 19th in rebounds per game (39.9) while DePaul ranks 219th in rebounds allowed per game (37.0).
- The Blue Demons average 5.1 blocks per game, which ranks 14th in the NCAA. The Musketeers rank 116th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- Xavier ranks 170th in three pointers allowed per game (21.9) while DePaul ranks 247th (24.1).
- The Blue Demons rank 19th in steals per game (8.5) while the Musketeers rank 167th (5.7).
- Xavier averages 14.4 assists per game, which ranks 64th in the country. DePaul ranks 191st in assists allowed per game (13.6).
- During their last five games, the Blue Demons have scored an average of 68.0 points per game (4.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 79.0 points per game (8.3 above their season average).
- The Musketeers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.6, down from 3.6 for the season.