The DePaul Blue Demons (12-3, 0-2 Big East) will be at Madison Square Garden to clash with the St. John’s Red Storm (11-5, 0-3 Big East) in a Big East matchup. The game gets underway at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 11, 2020.
DePaul Blue Demons vs. St. John’s Red Storm ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last matchup. The Red Storm were blown out by the Georgetown Hoyas, 87-66, while the Blue Demons lost a tough one against the Providence Friars, 66-65.
DePaul had a better turnover percentage (12.8 vs. 17.2) while St. John’s had a better turnover percentage (16.7 vs. 16.8). Rasheem Dunn had a good performance for St. John’s with 18 points and nine rebounds. DePaul, meanwhile, was lifted by Paul Reed, who had 24 points and 15 rebounds.
The Blue Demons edged out the Red Storm in this series last year, securing victories in two out of three contests. In the most recent matchup, St. John’s won 82-74. The Red Storm’s turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Blue Demons. St. John’s had a rate of 9.8, while DePaul posted a mark of 14.8. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Baskets could be hard to come by as a pair of the country’s premier defenses face off. St. John’s currently ranks 55th in defensive efficiency (91.2) and DePaul is 50th (90.9).
DePaul Blue Demons at St. John’s Red Storm ATS Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – St. John’s, ATS Winner – St. John’s, O/U – Under
- DePaul averages 39.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 53rd in the NCAA. St. John’s ranks 245th in rebounds allowed per game (40.3).
- The Blue Demons rank 86th in assists per game (14.3) while the Red Storm rank 152nd in assists allowed per game (13.4).
- DePaul ranks 185th in three pointers allowed per game (23.5) while St. John’s ranks 233rd (25.6).
- The Red Storm average 10.6 steals per game, which ranks fourth in the nation. The Blue Demons rank 159th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- DePaul averages 6.1 blocks per game, which ranks 12th in the country. St. John’s ranks 109th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- During their last five games, the Blue Demons have scored an average of 74.6 points per game (1.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.6 points per game (3.5 above their season average).
- The Red Storm have scored an equal number of points as their opponents. For the season, St. John’s has defeated opponents by an average of 8.6 points.