The DePaul Blue Demons (14-14, 2-13 Big East) travel to Hinkle Fieldhouse to challenge the Butler Bulldogs (19-9, 7-8 Big East). The Blue Demons can end a seven-game road losing streak. The game begins at 6:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020.
DePaul Blue Demons vs. Butler Bulldogs Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last game. The Bulldogs were blown out by the 15th-ranked Creighton Bluejays, 81-59, while the Blue Demons lost to the Xavier Musketeers, 78-67.
DePaul had an offensive rebounding percentage of 44.1 (above their season average of 30.6) while Butler had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.8 (above their season average of 28.6). Henry Baddley played well for Butler, contributing 13 points. Paul Reed fueled DePaul with 14 points and 16 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Reed led the Blue Demons to a 79-66 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 23 points. Getting to the charity stripe was one of DePaul’s largest advantages. They had 32 free throw attempts, while Butler had 19.
Butler appears to have the edge on the defensive side of the ball. The Bulldogs rank 49th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.463), while DePaul is 192nd in effective field goal percentage (0.496). Conflicting tempos will be on display in this battle. The up-and-down Blue Demons rank 58th in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Bulldogs rank 347th.
DePaul vs. Butler Betting Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – DePaul, ATS Winner – DePaul, O/U – Over
- Butler ranks 14th in rebounds allowed per game (30.3) while DePaul ranks 211th (36.5).
- The Bulldogs rank 126th in three pointers allowed per game (21.1) while the Blue Demons rank 244th (24.1).
- Butler averages 12.8 assists per game, which ranks 155th in the NCAA. DePaul ranks 212th in assists allowed per game (13.9).
- The Blue Demons rank 21st in steals per game (8.5) while the Bulldogs rank 217th (5.1).
- DePaul ranks 14th in blocks per game (5.2) while Butler ranks 164th (2.6).
- During their last five games, the Blue Demons have scored an average of 69.6 points per game (2.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 81.2 points per game (10.3 above their season average).
- The Bulldogs have been outscored by an average of 9.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Butler has defeated opponents by an average of 5.6 points.