The DePaul Blue Demons (13-11, 1-10 Big East) visit CHI Health Center Omaha to take on the 23rd-ranked Creighton Bluejays (19-6, 8-4 Big East). The Blue Demons will attempt to snap their six-game losing streak. Action begins at 7:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
DePaul Blue Demons vs. Creighton Bluejays Betting Odds
In their last game, the Bluejays beat the 10th-ranked Seton Hall Pirates, 87-82, while the Blue Demons fell to the Georgetown Hoyas, 76-72.
Creighton played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.333 (above their season average of 0.219) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.524 (below their season average of 0.545). Seton Hall was 0.246 and 0.471, respectively, for those same stats. DePaul, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.8 (above their season average of 30.8). Creighton’s Damien Jefferson had a solid performance, recording 18 points and nine rebounds. Paul Reed played a pivotal role for DePaul with 12 points and 13 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Mitch Ballock led the Bluejays to an 83-68 win. He recorded 19 points and six rebounds. One of Creighton’s largest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They made 31 trips to the line, while DePaul went 21 times.
Based on each team’s statistical profile, ball security could play a significant role in this battle. Creighton commits the 14th-fewest miscues in the nation (turnover percentage of 15.6 percent), while the gambling defense of DePaul forces the 33rd-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 22.9 percent).
DePaul vs. Creighton Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Creighton, ATS Winner – DePaul, O/U – Over
- Creighton ranks seventh in steals allowed per game (4.6) while DePaul ranks 194th (7.6).
- The Blue Demons rank 59th in rebounds per game (38.1) while the Bluejays rank 231st in rebounds allowed per game (37.2).
- Creighton averages 15.2 assists per game, which ranks 34th in the NCAA. DePaul ranks 150th in assists allowed per game (13.0).
- The Bluejays rank 62nd in three pointers attempted per game (24.8) while the Blue Demons rank 241st (18.6).
- DePaul ranks 13th in blocks per game (5.3) while Creighton ranks 187th (2.2).
- During their last five games, the Bluejays have scored an average of 78.0 points per game (0.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.8 points per game (2.9 above their season average).
- The Blue Demons have been outscored by an average of 7.2 points in their last five games. On the season, DePaul has defeated opponents by an average of 3.9 points.