The Denver Pioneers (4-14, 0-4 Summit) and the Western Illinois Leathernecks (4-10, 1-3 Summit) go head-to-head at Western Hall. The Pioneers look to snap their nine-game losing streak. The game starts at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 11, 2020.
Denver Pioneers at Western Illinois Leathernecks Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last matchup. The Leathernecks fell to the Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons, 77-69, while the Pioneers were defeated by the South Dakota State Jackrabbits, 80-68.
Denver had a turnover percentage of 9.9 (better than their season average of 18.4) while Western Illinois forced Purdue Fort Wayne into a turnover percentage of 18.5 (above the 14.9 mark opponents have averaged against Western Illinois this season). Kobe Webster was a key piece for Western Illinois with 18 points. Robert Jones had a solid performance for Denver, finishing with 11 points and 11 rebounds.
This series was highly contested last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent contest, the Pioneers won 74-46. The Pioneers’ 11.0 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over the Leathernecks, who had a mark of 22.8. This will be the first game of the year between these two teams.
It could be a tough matchup for Western Illinois on the offensive glass. The Leathernecks rank 310th in offensive rebounding percentage (22.9 percent), while Denver ranks 23rd in defensive rebounding percentage (77.2 percent).
Denver Pioneers vs. Western Illinois Leathernecks Free Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Western Illinois, ATS Winner – Western Illinois, O/U – Under
- Western Illinois ranks 135th in three pointers attempted per game (22.2) while Denver ranks 266th (15.8).
- The Pioneers rank 36th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Leathernecks rank 70th (3.1).
- Western Illinois ranks 216th in assists per game (11.3) while Denver ranks 225th (10.9).
- The Pioneers rank 159th in rebounds allowed per game (36.0) while the Leathernecks rank 243rd (40.0).
- Western Illinois ranks 26th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while Denver ranks 80th (6.2).
- The Leathernecks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.8, up from 4.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pioneers have scored an average of 67.6 points per game (2.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.0 points per game (2.3 above their season average).